Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Year of the Gonzogoose!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and has a wonderful year going forward!

The Chinese Zodiac tells you that 2014 is the Year of the Horse. I don't really pay attention to astrology and zodiacs, personally, but instead, I'm declaring my own distinction for 2014...

THE YEAR OF THE GONZOGOOSE!



That's right, this is going to be my year!

2013 was a rough year for me. Probably one of the roughest years of my life, and I've had some bad ones. Just situations weren't... optimal, and every time something good happened, it felt like ten bad things followed it. So I am happy to be shedding that year off and moving forward.

I do have New Year's Resolutions, but I'm keeping those to myself for now. One main resolution I have, though, is to KEEP my New Year's Resolutions! lol

I'm one of the many that keeps making them, knowing I'll never hold fast to them, and then doing it all over again the following year. But this year, I'm breaking the cycle. I am ready for change - I NEED change, in may facets and areas of my life. And so I'm going to make them happen.

I have been trying, BELIEVE ME! It just hasn't worked out. So this year I'm doubling, nay tripling my efforts, so I can finally have some peace of mind.

I often feel completely stressed out and overwhelmed. One goal is to not feel that way as much, because it is taking a toll mentally and physically.

As I stated in the last post, though there has been plenty of bad, there was some good that came from 2013, and those are the moments and instances I am cherishing and treasuring. They give me hope going forward. And that's where my focus is. Not looking back, and not even "looking" forward, but "moving" forward.

So while I won't divulge my resolutions for 2014 just yet, I not only intend on keeping them, I WILL keep them. I must. There's no maybe, no but, no if this happens or that. It's a done deal, signed and delivered. This will be the Year of the Gonzogoose!

HONK!

-B

1 comment:

Sasha Hitchner said...

I think many people all over the world feel like this about 2013. I like it. Not looking forward, just moving forward. Best blessings I send to you.