Friday, April 27, 2012

I Have Too Many Email Accounts

I rediscovered just how many email addresses I have today due to some security maintenance that had me confirm they were all active. And that wasn't even all of them! Seriously, I think I have 10 or more active emails.

Granted, a lot of them flow into one account, but there are others that I rarely check and probably should more often. There was even one, a gmail account, that I completely forgot I even had! I had created it specifically for use with this freelance work site I was using at the time. That was in 2010. I haven't used it since! Didn't even know the password.

I think it's time to consolidate and dwindle down all these email addresses. It should have been a clue to me when several of my friends tend to copy three different email addresses on everything they send to me, which all go to the same account. So I get the same email three times in the same account.

Yeah...

Now I just have to find the time to do so. It's hard because my two main Yahoo addresses I've had since college, and it's a daunting task to say the very least to sort through all that. Not to mention the nearly dozen others! But when I find out I'm missing work or important notices because I'm not checking the right email address, it's time to change something. Hopefully sooner than later, but we'll see how that goes.

A word to the wise: just use one or two emails tops! It gets out of hand fast!

-B

8 comments:

Jez said...

haha - I've just emailed you about some lettering work - hope this hasn't come at the wrong time!

Brant W. Fowler said...

Heh, no, not at all. :)

Jez said...

Did you slim down your accounts yet :P

Brant W. Fowler said...

Heh, sadly no, Jez, I haven't had time to! One of these days... :)

Brant W. Fowler said...

Which account did you email, Jez (not sure who you are, sorry!), and did I respond??!!

Jez said...

Hey Brant - I emailed you about the lettering by Wednesday. Did you get the comic panels OK? You're main site appears to be down and your emails bouncing. Jez is short for Jeremy!

Any problems please give me a shout.

Jez said...

Hey Brant - sorry to keep leaving comments but I think your site is down as email are bouncing. Had to meet a print deadline so in the end I found someone else to do it. Hope all is well - would still love to work with you in the future. Jez (Jeremy)

Brant said...

Jeremy, I think I just emailed you, if I got the right Jeremy. heh My hosting provider really messed me up, and I missed several very important emails. Sorry.