Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You Never Know

So I've updated this blog, what, four times in this year? Something like that. Not very much at all. This week I've only had like 30 people read it.

But in all that, something I said got me in trouble. Out of billions of people and tons of blogs across the Internet, the right person reads my blog and it works against me.

All I can say is it figures. Such is my life.

I've removed the bit that caused the problem and I won't be bringing that or anything similar up again. My apologies to those that had a problem with it, my mistake, and I meant no offense or trouble from it.

That will teach me to make stream of consciousness posts before going to bed after being up for over 20 hours, I tell you that!

After beating myself up about it quite a bit for a good 24 hours, I'm moving on. Everybody makes mistakes.



So this month has been brutal. I have more work than I can keep up with, but it's either on deferred payment, it's work to pay off debt, I've already been paid for it, or it's for a small amount of pay that won't get me hat I need, being bills and rent paid. But it's work, and I'm SO thankful for it, especially at this time of year when things tend to get really slow.

I've been taking 2-3 hour naps at 10-15 hour intervals. The past couple of days I've had so little sleep that my head felt like it had a 200 pound weight on it bogging me down. I've had points of deliriousness even. heh

It all balances out, though, and at some point soon I'll crash for 10 hours and start the cycle all over again. It's fine, I'm not worried about it. I'm doing fine physically these days, save for the headaches and nagging teeth problems I've had since I was a child.

I posted on Facebook the other day that a spark of creativity struck me, and I'm really excited about it. I won't say too much about it right now, and it's nothing ground-breaking or anything like that. Just a cool, fun idea that has had me really excited for the past couple of days. And excitement and good feelings are something I could use in spades right now.

This time of year is always tough for everyone, but because of the way this year went, what with the surgery and Haven closing down and so forth, things have gotten extremely tight these past few months. And right now it's probably the tightest December I've had in, man, 15 years I'd say.

Sometimes my friends think I'm crazy for trying to juggle all the things I do. From the podcasts, to the webcomics, to flatting, to lettering and logo design, to Comic Related... it does seem like a lot. And at one time I had a couple of other tasks added to all that. Usually I'm able to juggle it pretty well and do okay with it all. For some reason, the past couple of months I've really struggled keeping it all on track. But I don't want to lose any of it. So I don't know, I need to figure out something.

On that note, as you can see, I have plenty to do. So until next time...

Oh, and I may just keep this blog and redesign it instead of moving it. I've already broken that 1000 posts thing, so why not, right? We'll see...

-B

No comments: