Thursday, December 08, 2011

Randomosity

I'm tired once more having been up all night working, and am once again feeling the urge to blog. I have no idea why, I guess I just feel like talking and no one's up.

Just spouting off random stuff here, so don't mind me.

Anyone seen the trailer for the new Three Stooges movie? I wrote a blog post about it on ComicRelated.com that will go up this afternoon. While I am still leary, it does look fun and reminiscent of the Stooges I remember. That has already been a topic of debate with some friends on Facebook who completely disagree with me. Oh well, to each their own. I doubt I'd see it in the theater, but I'd watch it.

I'm a bit behind on lettering work this week and really need to pick that back up today. I think I need a short nap first. After getting good, consistent sleep over the weekend I've been doing the 3-hour naps all week. I think Monday-Wednesday I got a total of maybe 10-11 hours of sleep. And here it is 7:30am on Thursday and my eyes are starting to cross. heh SO much to do, though, just to catch up. And on top of that I'm constantly hunting for other work.

That's one of the downsides of being a freelancer. You're always having to look for work as opposed to it just being there. I hit up all the boards on a daily basis, most of the time multiple times daily. Sadly, I've been passed over for about 15 jobs in the past month with no reason given. I know it's not my skills because I've been doing this for a long while now and am confident in them. I guess others are either under-bidding me or are beating me to the punch.

I do have one job coming soon, so that's good. Nowhere near what I need right now, but a big help nevertheless.

It has been really cold the past couple of days. No snow yet, but plenty of rain and chilly weather. Last time I slept, when I woke up I was freezing. I just looked at the temp and it's 25 degrees outside. That's 7 degrees below freezing. I'm not a fan.

I was passing the window last night and there was a really bright light shining through it that caught my eye. So I look out and what do I see? The moon. Very distant, but completely visible and brighter than I ever remember seeing it. It hurt my eyes looking at it. Strange.



Usually by now I would have had Christmas songs blasting already. For whatever reason I haven't. I've heard a few here and there, and I've gone around the house singing a few, but I'm just not tuned in to the season yet I guess. Which is very odd for me because this is my absolute favorite time of the year for many reasons. Being a Christian it certainly means something to me spiritually of course. But beyond that, I have always just gotten really into the magic and warmth of it all. I love watching Christmas movies and episodes, and listening to the music, seeing all the decorations, sitting around a fire (or a fake fire in my case). I love making Christmas a big production (when I can) for my family and seeing their faces when I've pulled out the seemingly impossible. It's just fun and I eat it all up. In fact, I usually insist decorations stay up longer than they should Most years of my life we've had Christmas decorations almost to the end of January! By then it starts getting old, but I try to live with it as much as possible and hold on to that feeling.

Oddly enough, I've rarely ever decorated outside the house. Go figure.

Man, this is a longer post than I intended, and now I feel like I'm kind of rambling. I mean, I know I said it was random stuff, but really, I could just go on and on like this. I think I'll spare you that for now and end it here.

Thanks for reading?

-B

1 comment:

Ron Fortier said...

Honestly, just like you in that last regard, Brant. Our family always saw Christmas as a festive, inside affair and we never had outdoor lights. My frugal parents thought them a waste for rich people. Ha. Anyways, they never scrimped on the indoor lights, decorations etc. and I grew loving this magical time. This will be our second in Colorado and like you, find it a little harder this year to get Christmas grooving, but its coming. Oh yeah, the big guy up North is packing his sleigh.