Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rough Weekend

The past couple of days have been rough. I had planned on spending all day and night Friday working my butt off on stuff, pulling an all-nighter, but things didn't quite work out as well as I had hoped.

I did do a lot of lettering including finishing up a graphic novel I was only slightly over halfway finished with, and I did some posts on CR including editing and posting the Zone 4 podcast Friday, so it's not like nothing got done.

But I had forgotten about said podcast until the last minute and it took me forever to edit for some reason. I ended up having to delay it for two hours in fact. And after that was up I did a little lettering then was just spent. So I relaxed a bit, watched a little TV and ate, because I had to record next week's podcast last night.

That podcast had a rough start and some other issues that all worked themselves out, but afterwards it was after 1am and by that point I was not feeling an all-nighter at all. So I tried to stick with it until about 2am and finally crashed. Got up at 6 this morning and worked until about 3pm and crashed again. Got up at 8pm, watched a little TV, ate and then tried to get into work again to no avail.

Right now I'm totally exhausted, but I'm not sleepy. I'm not feeling like doing anything at all. Not reading, not watching TV, not sleeping, not working, not anything at all. So here I sit whining about it all. heh.

Nah, I'm good, really, just feeling the burn and the constant schedule (I never take a full day off, ever, even on the weekends) is wearing on me. I really need and want a vacation, but can't afford it this year. And the car's down, so it's not like I can get out of the house, and that's what I really need. I stare at these walls way too much.

But it's all good, I'll be fine, and all is well. I'm just having one of those days and didn't feel like doing anything but blogging about it. heh.

Moving on, I am still going to plow through all the work ahead of me. I'm still waiting to hear the final word about this new job, which looks to now be part-time. So I'll still be doing everything else I've been doing on top of it.

Tomorrow I don't imagine I'm going to do much actual work. What I am going to do is sit down with everything currently on my plate and anticipate the time needing spent on this new job and really make myself a schedule to stick to, at least until I knock this current workload out. I tend to jump around from thing to thing as monotony and repetition REALLY stall me bad as I hate that, and I hate 9-5 schedules. Tried many times in office jobs and was just absolutely miserable doing that. I do what I have to, but I avoid that as much as possible. But right now I need to get a handle on this stuff and really stick to it until I knock each item out.

So be looking for updates on all my current projects soon.

As for tomorrow, if I'm not doing much work and I'm just focusing on scheduling, what in the world am I actually going to do with the rest of the day? I have no idea. It's not like I'm going anywhere, so I may work on some personal projects, I may just veg out, or I may end up actually working knowing me. We'll see.

No comments: