Sunday, September 06, 2009

Busy Month Ahead

The next few weeks are going to be extremely busy for me, so I won't be posting much and won't be on social networks or forums too much either. I doubt I'll even be on AIM much.

But before I get into all that, I want to let you all know that I am doing better. The ears are still stopped up, but not as bad, and a lot of the swelling has gone down. I had just a bit of ache in one ear yesterday, but aside from that I've had no pain for a few days. I seem to have caught a bit of something else, though, or maybe it's part of this, as I've had a fever the past day or two that's made me nauseous and drowsy, but that's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

I haven't had trouble with the gall stones for quite some time now. Probably the longest spurt between attacks since I got out of the hospital last March. So that's a good thing.

I have been really watching what I eat and am trying to slim down a bit anyway (though I still eat enough, trust me), so evidently that's helped in fighting off those problems.

Now, onto the busy part, which I may have mentioned here before (I can't recall and I'm too lazy to look back through the posts, so forgive me if I'm being repetitive). The next four weekends are tied up for me. This coming weekend is a one day con in Springfield, Ohio called Champion City Comic Con that I'll be attending with Comic Related. I'll have some of my books there, signed, if anyone wants to stop by and pick any up.

The next weekend is Comicpalooza at Comics2Games in Florence. It's kind of like a second Free Comic Book Day that apparently I'm helping run, and there will be free books, signings and all kinds of fun.

The following weekend is Chuck Moore's 40th birthday celebration at his farm and there will be a whole bunch of people attending including yours truly. It'll be a blast.

And finally, the first weekend of October is Mid-Ohio-Con at which I will have a table and will be selling Wannabez and some books I've lettered (like Descendant and Zombie Cop from Image).

In between all that, I have several lettering projects going on. This weekend and into the week I'm working on finishing up the Suicide Note graphic novel. I'm also lettering this week 3rd System #1, Black Paw #1, and resizing The Supremacy #2.

I have a couple of logos I'm working on as well this week.

And of course there's the regular workload of Haven submissions and solicitations, and posts on Comic Related.

Thursday we'll be recording next week's Zone 4.

Next week is going to be crazy because I'll be developing two magazines in the new CXP magazine and the Haven catalog simultaneously as it turns out. They were to be spaced out, but schedule changes caused this overlap that is stressing me out a bit.

On top of that, this coming weekend I imagine Marvel and DC solicitations will be in, so I'll have to do those as well, and those take pretty much a whole working day apiece the way I do them, which we at CR feel are the best out there.

Somewhere in the midst of all this I have to find time to exercise, write a little, do the Haven and CXP newsletters, and sleep! We'll see how that last one goes...

No comments: