Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Still Down

The ear infection has gotten worse unfortunately. I spent all day yesterday in bed with a heat pack on, and thought it was getting better. But when I woke up it was actually worse and had spread into my other ear.

My left ear canal is swollen and filled with fluid, and I can't hear out of it. My right ear is now swollen and starting to get stiff. Yesterday I got really nauseous and stayed just tired enough to not move around much. Plus the pain was pretty bad early in the day with aches and throbbing. It subsided a bit in the night, but like I said, got worse when I woke up.

On top of that, I've done something to my lower back as well. It's actually swollen, and I'm having a hard time even getting up off the couch or out of bed. I sat on the edge of the bed yesterday and tried to put my pants on, but couldn't lift my leg it hurt my back so much.

I've been taking motrin, but it hasn't helped either problem much. I know I need an antibiotic for the ear infection, but I can't afford to go to the doctor, so I'm hoping it will pass or not get worse until I get a check.

I am going to try to work a little bit today as it hurts whether I'm laying down or not, and I don't want to fall too far behind. We'll see how it goes.

Before I go, since I haven't had a chance to say so yet, this past Saturday was really fun. We had a Comics XP meeting, but I was also persuaded into an art contest, which was complete laughs from start to finish. It's always fun going up to Comics 2 Games.

2 comments:

Ross Hughes said...

Sorry to hear about the health issues, man. I hope you get to feeling better really soon.

Ross

Brant W. Fowler said...

Thanks, man. It's getting there.