Thursday, August 27, 2009

Say What...?

Well, yesterday I thought I was feeling better. My left ear, the one I can't hear out of, had started to drain and the swelling went down, and so I assumed I was getting better. And the right ear was just a little swollen.

Late last night and into this morning things changed a bit. While the left ear is still about the same as described above, and I still can't hear out of it, the right ear took a turn for the worse. It is now quite swollen and painful, and I'm starting to lose hearing in it as well. So unless things change real quick, I'd say by tomorrow I won't be able to hear out of either ear.

Like I said before, I can't afford to go to the doctor, so I've been popping Advil at the suggested dosage and amounts every 4-6 hours as Advil is an anti-inflammatory medication. Seems to have helped, but not good enough of fast enough. But I'll keep hanging in there.

I did manage to get a little bit of work done yesterday as I was feeling better. Today I'm going to try again, but if my right ear gets any worse I'm gonna have to call it quits and put a heat pack on it in hopes that it too will go down.

As for my back, it was better yesterday, barely in pain at all. Then late in the night it started hurting again as well, and this morning it's pretty stiff and achy. My knee was also giving me trouble yesterday.

I hate being sick, and it seems I've been sick a lot this year with this or that. I also hate whining about this crap, but I figure you all need or want to know what's going on with me, so there it is.

Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes and prayers, I appreciate them all.

No comments: