Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mad Rush to the Finish Line

I'm feeling a bit pensive today and a little disconcerted. Pensive in that I'm reflecting on a lot of things right now, disconcerted by behaviors and situations surrounding me. I guess I'm also a bit antsy with projects nearing deadlines as well.

If you haven't guessed, I'm back from Heroes Con and the pressure has hit me. I had a great and rejuvenating time at the show, but coming back was arduous and what awaited us all was frustrating and aggravating. All of us have our own reasons for that.

For me, I have two or more lettering projects needing to be worked on, but at the same time the Haven catalog has to be finished by tomorrow night! So the coffee was flowing today, even though I'm not a coffee drinker. I had very little sleep and I've been working all day on the catalog.

I won't discuss what's specifically bothering me, but it's funny how the general mood over the weekend was so "up" and how the general mood from all sides afterward is in drastic contrast.

This weekend is supposed to be a Comic Related retreat of sorts. Several members of ComicRelated.com will be heading over to Chuck Moore's house for a Transformers filled weekend and some discussion about the site and where it's headed. But the way things are going I'm beginning to wonder if that won't be postponed.

The status of Zone 4 for the moment is also being debated as technical issues, time constraints and formatting issues are becoming a problem. The show will stick around, but there will be changes and there may be a hiatus, I don't know yet.

I'm not sure what to think of some recent happenings, and my brain is too heavy laden at the moment to try to figure them out.

The onset of Summer is having the affect of Winter, and that's not a good thing. Hopefully that dread that has seemingly set in all around me will lift. Oddly enough, I myself have been pretty upbeat all week until late yesterday when a couple of things hit me. But I'm still the most "up" of those around me it would seem.

I should really be working right now, and I'm not sure how to close this. Just felt like saying something and getting it off my chest a bit. I know it's very vague and maybe even cryptic, but it is what it is. Nothing to worry about, just an odd feeling in the air right now. I'm sure like any flurry it will pass soon enough and all will be back on track.

For now, the Haven catalog pages are calling, not to mention the lettering clients. Onward and upward!

No comments: