Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Not the most original title of a blog post, but it is what it is, and I mean it. Today is a celebration and remembrance of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Those who gave their lives to defend this country and what we believe in and stand for. And as such, let's honor those fallen heroes on this, their day.

That said, I hope everyone out there is enjoying the holiday and is spending time with family, friends or loved ones and is having a good time. Here it's nice weather (a little too nice given that my AC is on the fritz) and the grills are out and people are making the most of it. Me, I've mostly been working all day, but I'm still enjoying it as I do love what I do.

Things have been kind of stressful of late, work wise and personal wise, but I won't bore you with any of that. The important thing is good things are always on the horizon. As I look ahead at the year planned out before me it should be a lot of fun, and hopefully a little fruitful, everything I'll be doing. And I'll get to hang out with some really good friends, which is the best part of it all.

Summer officially begins in less than a month, and this holiday is always seen as kind of the kick-off to the season, so with that, I wish everyone a happy, safe, fun and blessed summer ahead.

Now, I've gotta get back to work, but don't worry, I am taking out a little time for some relaxation today as well.

No comments: