Saturday, May 02, 2009

Free Comics and Movies

Man, I had this nice, long post going and my browser crashed and I lost the entire thing! Sigh, been one of those weeks.

Anyway, today, as I've mentioned before, I will be in Florence, KY at Comics 2 Games for Free Comic Book Day, and I'll have Wannabez copies there, so swing by!

I was supposed to go see X-Men Origins: Wolverine afterward, but last night Scott, who is my ride home, said the movie was off with no explanation or reason. When I asked him why he never responded, so who knows? It bites though because at first I was a little stressed about it because I didn't really have the funds for it. Then I got a payment and was really looking forward to it. Then boom, out of the blue at 10 at night or around there I'm told it's off with no explanation. Bummer.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go see it by myself Sunday afternoon. Sigh.

This has been a long few weeks as I explained, I believe, last post. I still have to finish up lettering on Descendant #1 from Image Comics, but after that I'm taking a day or two off to just regroup and relax. Believe me, I need it.

Speaking of the past few weeks, a bit of announcement about the Haven catalog. As you may know, the catalog comes out later this month, but in June the catalog will be available ONLINE for FREE! That's right, now everyone will be able to see my handiwork and what gave me many sleepless nights putting it together. And you'll also, of course, be able to see all the wonderful titles Haven distributes.

Plans are for the online version to be available in three formats including PDF, CBZ and some kind of dynamic comic reader app. There are also plans for it to be available on mobile devices. So there will be options.

Man, for some reason our air conditioning hasn't been working properly of late. It will kick on occasionally and blow out really faintly, then shut down and we can't get it back on. It's been nearly 80 degrees in the house for the past three days and the only fan we have is this little bitty thing that makes a ton of racket and doesn't do much good.

But that's not your problem, is it? Heh.

Okay, I'm leaving in just over two hours as I type this and still have to shower and gather things together. And first I need to wake up a bit as my eyes are still puffy and I'm still tired. We recorder a podcast last night and it ran late, so I got into bed close to 1am and got up at about 5:30am. So yeah...

Speaking of podcasts, if you haven't noticed, the latest episode of Zone 4 is live and on the site, so please give it a listen. You can also subscribe to it via iTunes (though for now you have to do an advanced search to find it) and via RSS feed.

Oh, and one more thing I MUST mention. TODAY, my new web comic goes live on ComicRelated.com! It's called "It's All Related" and is written by myself and Darren Mueller with art by Jackie Hernandez and Darren. It's a fun, comical strip featuring the staff, members and some fans of Comic Related as if we were all in an actual office. Fun stuff, and the first strip is hilarious. If you're aware at all of CR's transformation previously you'll totally get the gag. If not, well, I'll be on here explaining it so you will. :)

And with that, I have a long day ahead of me and hopefully it will be fun. I'll be among friends talking it up and hopefully moving some Wannabez, so we'll see. We had planned to have a minicomic for free, but Scott sliced his finger, so that put a halt on that. Oh well. At any rate, should be a fun day.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I'll be interested to see what you think of Wolverine. I've reviewed it (not sure if you read) but being more of a comic book `nerd' than I am you may have different comments.

(by the way, the nerd remark is not meant in a derogatory way!)