Monday, March 23, 2009

TMNT Sketch Cards

You may or may not know that Comics2Games in Florence, KY is hosting Comics for Cures, a sketch card event where all the cards are auctioned on eBay and the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. Well, I am participating, limited though my art skills may be.

Today is the deadline, so it's too late to join in, but the event will take place at the store April 4th and I'll be there. Click the title of this post to find more info about it.

For mine I decided to do the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since this year marks the 25th anniversary of the "heroes in a half-shell", and because I was a HUGE fan of the Turtles back in the day. Plus some people over at Comic Related liked my rendition of a Turtle before.

So, I scanned them in today and you can find them in my forums here:

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4266

They're not as polished as I would have liked, as I state in that thread. And I wanted to do something much more artistic with the "25 Years", but time constraints forced me to merely scribble it on. In hindsight I probably should have just left it off, but oh well, them's the breaks.

Anyway, I hope you like.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes.

No comments: