Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Pressure's On

Man, it seems like forever since I posted, and it actually has been several days. I've just been so busy lately and I can't seem to find time to keep up with this at the moment. But never fear, all my faithful readers, I haven't forgotten about you, and I'll still be posting as often as I can.

I've slowly been picking the pace back up on lettering projects, though I've still got plenty to do. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now.

Truth is, the Haven work just kind of consumed the better part of the past couple of weeks or so. I'm now handling just about the entire catalog, meaning I'm gathering the solicitations and cover art, plugging them into the templates I created, and getting them ready to be proofed then printed. We're far from there yet, but that's what I've been doing.

Plus I'm still handling all the submissions and fielding any questions about those, not to mention prepping them for the online cart. And if that wasn't enough, Lance Stahlberg recently found out he has a torn rotator cuff and is in severe pain, so now I'm fielding his emails as well for the time being.

So suffice it to say, Haven has been keeping me very busy.

Physically, it's been a rough week. I've had one or two gall bladder attacks and a bit of a cold or allergies possibly, can't tell at this point. I've also been very fatigued and even slept until lunchtime today. But I'm ok and not as bad as I've been. I'm certainly not bed-ridden or too bad to do work or what not. Just feeling a bit sluggish and at times frustrated and cranky, but it'll pass.

If you haven't been following the Wannabez blog, it looks like a full issue 1 is out of the question by Gem City Con in two weeks. One reason is finances, the other reason is time. I'm not sure what Scott's going to have time to finish, and even if he finished the entire issue and I could afford the grayscales I doubt Ross would have time to finish them. So, what we'll probably do is a black & white ashcan of whatever pages we get done so we can have something new to peddle at the con. I'm thinking a smaller size, not quite full standard comic size, but we'll see how it goes. At whatever the next con we do is we plan on having that full issue.

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, I checked out the new series "Kings" Sunday night. I didn't know much about the series before watching it, so I had no idea it was more or less a modern telling of the King David story. It was pretty cool watching certain similar events unfold that paralleled that classic tale. I'm going to stick with it as now I'm pretty intrigued by it. It's a very creative endeavor.

That meeting with Chuck I mentioned has been pushed to this Friday for now, so I'm looking forward to it. Chuck has been real busy with work and stuff for Comic Related and Comics XP, so it's totally understandable him having to push it back. I know whenever we meet it'll be a good time and I'll learn a lot about podcasting.

Well, I've got too much work to do to keep rambling on, and since I've run out of interesting things to talk about at the moment, it's back to work I go.

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

Always good to see you busy. That Kings show sounds interesting. I hope you are feeling better.