Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Eating Habits

For those who expressed concern over my eating habits mentioned in my last post, I should clarify a few things.

The Subway subs I've been eating have either been turkey or veggie, mostly veggie, containing lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, black olives and provolone cheese with mustard. Occasionally I'll add green peppers when I'm feeling brave, but not very often.

I've also been eating a lot of fresh fruit, mainly strawberries, grapes, peaches and pears.

I drink plenty of water and gatorade, though sweet iced tea is still my vice.

When I snack it's typically graham crackers or pretzels, though recently I did purchase some girl scout cookies, which are nearly gone now.

The soup I mentioned was vegetable soup.

As most of you know, I hardly eat any meat. I eat turkey very rarely and I eat chicken somewhat regularly, at least a few times a week. I prefer it baked or boiled, or grilled on the Foreman grill, but sometimes I do eat it fried.

I do have an affinity for cereal as well. Generally that consists of some form of Chex or Honey Nut Cheerios, though recently I've gotten on a Golden Grahams kick.

I also eat yogurt somewhat often, typically Yoplait. I prefer the Thick & Creamy kind, but sometimes get the Light as well.

So, to calm any concerns for my eating habits, know that by and large I do eat pretty healthy. I do slip up and eat some sweet confection occasionally, or some fast food item that I quickly regret. I can't do a solid square three meals a day, I would be stuffed all the time if I did that to be honest. I've never been a breakfast person and usually just eat a small bite of something if anything for breakfast. I'll snack on the aforementioned items a few hours after awaking and then sometimes I'll eat a light lunch (a quick sandwich or a bowl of cereal, something like that). Then I'll snack a bit in the afternoon and eat something like a sub or soup or chicken or pasta for dinner.

So no worries, folks. Yesterday was an exception, and one I don't intend to repeat for quite some time.

No comments: