Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Load Has Lightened

Well, only slightly, but I did get quite a bit done today thankfully. I managed to turn in a good number of pages on three lettering projects today and do a little bit of Haven work, not to mention send my column in for the week. So I'd say it was a successful day today.

I'll be starting again early in the morning working on other lettering projects and maybe some pre-press stuff for APA as well. I also have another project I need to work on badly by the weekend.

During the weekend I'm hoping to be caught up enough to resume work on my website, but we'll see.

It looks like Chuck and I are still on for Friday night to talk podcasting, Comic Related and whatever else strikes us. It'll be the first time I've been to his house despite knowing each other for over a year and living ten minutes apart. Should be fun.

Lost tonight was awesome. The whole time travel bit had me questioning things, but the ending of tonight's episode was so wicked I had to forgive any problems I had with things. I can't wait to see what comes of that. Next week's episode looks to be intense.

Barack Obama is following me on Twitter, and I'm pretty sure it's the real one. How insane is that? I think it's due to this service I signed up with where users are automatically added to your following and followers when you sign up. I don't know, could be a fake, but still, it was kind of wild to get that email notification.

I have GOT to get started on my sketch cards for the Comics 4 Cures event! The deadline was extended until, I believe, next Monday the 23rd, but I'm definitely cutting it close here!

This Saturday is my 32nd birthday. Yeah, I can't believe it either. It feels like yesterday I was complaining on this blog about turning 30. My, how the time flies. The scary thing is my brother's dad was my age when he passed away. It's very surreal.

Right now I'm trying to wind down so I can get a little rest before rising up to work again. I didn't get much sleep at all last night, but the two nights prior I slept at least 6 hours each, which is good for me. So I'm not feeling really fatigued or anything right now. And I'm not feeling too bad physically either. I'm stuffed because I ate a bit too much today (got up at 7:30, ate soup around 1, ate a sub from Subway between 5 and 6 and ate a sub from Dominos around 10:30. I did have a few Thin Mints cookies in between, but that's all.). I'm hoping the overeating doesn't affect my stomach tonight. I was just really hungry today. I had basically been eating one meal a day for the past week eating a Subway sub for an afternoon dinner and eating pretzel sticks and graham crackers as occasional snacks throughout the day. I also hadn't been drinking pop too much, maybe one every three days, instead opting for Gatorade or water. Sadly, I have not lost one single pound. Luckily I've not gained any, but still.

I guess that's what I get for working at a computer all day long and relaxing by reading or watching TV, or blogging on the computer. Yep, I'm turning into a stereotype. Gotta do something about that!

2 comments:

Ray said...

Mate your diet is pretty poor from what this sounds like. You're lucky I'm not there to pressure you into trying to eat better foods. That said, I'm glad you're feeling better. I remember you complaining about turning 30. Just remember I have a couple of years on you...

Brant W. Fowler said...

Well, I should have said the subs were veggie, and I've been eating a lot of fruit, so it's not as bad as it sounded. But that Subway diet doesn't work! lol