Thursday, February 05, 2009

Yesterday Was Difficult

For the past two days I've practically been buried in Haven submissions and solicitations work, not really getting much else done. Looks like more of the same today, but I've got to fit some lettering in as well. So that made things a bit rough yesterday, but that's not what I'm referring to in the title of this post.

Yesterday would have been my Papaw's birthday. As most of you know, he died last year and I missed his funeral and didn't see him for a while before. It was tough reliving all that over again.

Yesterday was also the day, one year ago, my former Pastor's son passed away. I honestly wouldn't have recalled the exact date except that they posted a remembrance of him in the obits section of the local newspaper yesterday, which I've linked to (the online version) of in the title of the post. Michael's life came to an abrupt and tragic end, and it still haunts me, and many others, to this day and most likely will for a long time to come.

So yesterday wasn't a joyous day. I tried to just remember the good times and get on with the day. Never an easy thing, but a necessary thing.

My heart, my thoughts and my prayers go out to my family and the Lee family.

No comments: