Friday, February 13, 2009

What's Up Tonight... Me!

Can't sleep tonight. I'm restless. I've been up since a little before 6am and it's now a few minutes past 3am on Friday the 13th. Ooohh, I'm scared. Yeah.

So anyway, I've been listening to podcasts from NYCC, playing some online games (pool, sudoku, stuff like that) and watching a little bit of TV. Just not in the mood to work right now, but morning will be here soon enough and I'll be back at it.

I've found through listening to these podcasts that listening to other creators talk about their stuff feeds my own creativity. And I've learned that I've missed a LOT in Teen Titans! Haven't picked up that book for a LONG time now sadly. Probably not for 30 issues or so in fact.

Things have been slow progressing around here lately. The HOPE stories came back to me this week with new pages and color files to switch the letters to, and some corrections to be made. Also been working on the APA site, which is now live. And the forums are also live over at Comic Related, though there's nothing there yet. The site's pretty basic and to the point, but it's what the publisher wanted after several other designs, and it is clean and good and clear I think.

Then of course there's been Haven work, which I haven't done a lot with this week, but it looks to be picking back up.

I've been trying to get what pages of En Garde! done that I have, but that's been slow going as well.

And I just got a whole bunch of pages from three different projects the other day, so I've got plenty to do. But it's 3 in the morning and I'm just not up to it at the moment.


Ok, so let me share a moment of freak-outedness with you. When American Idol started this season I wasn't really into it. My interest has been waning over the past couple of years for a number of reasons, one no doubt being my age progressing past the age limit a few years ago. But more than that, it just became stale, and this year didn't look too promising at the beginning either.

However, I've found a favorite in Danny Gokey and think he could go all the way. But what I really discovered was my new crush in Casey Carlson, a very cute and chill young lady that just really caught my attention. While they didn't show her much throughout the whole process, I am still a fan and am looking forward to her singing next week.


Now here comes the freak out part. I think this girl is just cute as can be and am just really smitten with her. So I kind of let it slip to my mom and what does she say to me? "That's what I used to look like when I was younger." What? Oh-no, she didn't! Needless to say I was then scarred for life. And upon her pointing it out I have to admit that she does bare a resemblance. I've seen pictures of my mom in her early 20s and she was a thin, beautiful woman who nearly stumbled into a modeling career at one point, but didn't go for it. She's 55 now and she looks much younger than she is.

Still, despite the saying of guys wanting wives like their mothers, the prospect of being attracted to someone who so closely resembles my mother at a young age is just frightening. Has it lessened my crush on the girl? Not a chance. But it still grossed me out. :)


I'm having a hard time getting myself back into healthy eating habits and exercise. Every day I tell myself that today will be the day. Then every day I happen to find Crunch and Munch, donuts, Doritos, ice cream and various other naughty snacks that I can't seem to control my will power around. I don't like my current weight, which is what it was before I lost the weight early last year. I've gained it all back and am currently one pound shy of my heaviest weight ever. I want to lose weight, and I want to stop eating the junk, but working from home, sitting all the time, and all this stuff being at my fingertips is a little too much to resist. If I lived alone I just wouldn't buy the stuff and that would make it a little easier. But that's not the case, so ya know. I'll figure something out, though. I'm not going through summer carrying these extra 40 pounds.


Much is in the works, but I don't want to jump the gun on anything. So just stay tuned and maybe some of these things will pan out.

I can't decide now whether to just stay up or try to get a little sleep. I'll probably end up staying up. But rest assured, all you concerned folks, I have been getting more sleep the past few days. Last night I got about 6 hours, so don't worry too much. As long as I'm functioning and the fatigue isn't hurting me I'm fine. I appreciate the emails and posts here and on Twitter, but I'm good, guys, really. At least right now.


Tonight I have a TV scheduling conflict. Friday Night Lights comes on at 9, but the new Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly) show Dollhouse comes on tonight following Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and I really want to check it out. I didn't watch a lot of Buffy, none of Angel, and sadly I missed Firefly (though Serenity I loved), but I'm curious about this one. So I'll probably miss FNL and hope it pops up on Hulu or NBC.com or something.

Then of course there is BSG. Yep, I have no life but Sci-Fi TV on Friday nights right now. But it's all good.


And on that note, I'm running out of things to blab about, so I'm gonna stop before I just start rambling. What? I already am? Ok, I get the picture...

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

I have been eating pretty badly lately as well; stress at work tends to make me eat bad food and drink lots of Coke (which is SO bad for you).

WOW Casey is gorgeous. I'd like to say I'm smitten too, but ... you know ... I'm married ;) You should try to find some way to contact her; I am sure she's on Facebook or MySpace... Just to say 'Hey'...