Friday, February 27, 2009

'Tis a Better Day

So Wednesday I was having a tough time with things. In fact, after the post I made I kind of had a breakdown of some kind. I won't say it was a nervous breakdown, but I was just at the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

Without going into things, let's just say there was bad news on top of more bad news, then the work was piling on, which blew my schedule out the water. And to top it off, there was some fighting on the home front that got really personal. And after I got off the computer around 1 or 2pm I just blew up.

With nothing else to do, I went for a drive to clear my head, prayed a little on the way, and then came home and took a long nap. Once I awoke I was feeling much better, and that feeling continued immensely through the day Thursday.

Today I am great, if not a little stressed because now I'm behind again, but it's not that bad and I'm not sweating it as much. I think I had just been staring at this computer for too long and just had it. With all the other stuff amassing on top of it that was just the last straw.

Luckily I've had the house all to myself for about 16 hours now and things are rolling along smoothly. I got to relax a bit and get some work done, and goof off some, and now I'm ready to hit the ground running and knock some of this stuff out.

We all have these kinds of weeks where everything just piles up and we need a release, and that's all this was. So no worries, folks, it's all good.

Now this next part doesn't really apply to most of you, but I wanted to address an anonymous comment left on my last post. I don't know who made it, but I know it was one of a handful of people from my not so distant past, and they mean well and were trying to help. I think I was short with my reply to them, so I wanted to take this opportunity to address them properly. If this is not you feel free to not read any further if you like.

So, to address your comment, whoever you are, I appreciate the concern, really I do. And advice to let God lead you is always good advice in my opinion, so it is taken as a given. However, I want to assure you that I have not forgotten or forsaken for one second the calling on my life or my love for God. Things have changed in my life, yes, but that has not. I love God, I always have, and I know what my path is. So please don't fret about me in that sense. It's all good.

And with that, I'm off to another day of doing the work I love to do and that is better than any office job I've ever had or would ever want to have.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Mate let me know what happened. How are you now?