Sunday, January 11, 2009

Short Sunday

So since I only slept for an hour and a half last night I am now to the point of exhaustion as my eyes keep trying to close. I'm trying to listen to podcasts as I letter (Comic Related, Comic Couch, Comic Geek Speak), but I'm now so used to it that it's starting to lull me instead of awaken me.

I want to try to do a little Haven work prior to conking out, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I did get some lettering done this morning, though, so that's a plus.

I was going to try to force myself to stay up today until at least this afternoon or early evening to try to gradually get my sleep schedule right, but I don't think that's going to happen today. I'm just far too tired.

I'll be up this evening of course, on my brother's laptop for a bit most likely doing Haven work or maybe some writing. Then of course late tonight and into tomorrow I'll be back on here lettering.

This week I am shaking myself out of this funk at all costs. I've got to. I've received more files to be lettered for other projects, and I've got stuff in the pipeline that's going to back up on me if I'm not careful.

In two weeks from yesterday I'll be heading up to Florence for a meeting with Scott about Wannabez. We'll also be meeting up with Chuck Moore and his wife (first time I'll meet her), the Ringtail Cafe crew, and people at Comics 2 Games. It's possible (and hopeful) that it will be in the new store, which will be cool, but we'll see. I'm hoping I have some extra money to buy some comics while I'm up there.

Speaking of buying comics, Zombie Cop from Image/Shadowline, which I lettered, comes out THIS WEDNESDAY! Please go check it out.

I have no clever closing, or even a dull one, so let's just leave it at that.

3 comments:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

Your first Image work - you are in with the BIG 4! That's too cool. Well done!

Ray said...

Mate some advice - you need decent sleep. The body can't function on an hour or so. I get about six to seven a night, occasionally eight and can feel tired so I can only imagine what 90 minutes does.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Well, Ray, the thing is right now I'm the mode of sleeping during the day and being up all night. I have been getting around 6 hours of sleep since the beginning of the year actually. That 90 minutes was supposed to be a power nap so that I could stay up later to try and get my sleep schedule a little more normal, but alas, it failed as I was too tired to stay awake.

That said, I learned recently that people that sleep later, like until 10 or 12, are night owls, and that sleep over 8 hours are typically more creative, more productive, and less stressed out. Something to think about.