Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Promising Developments

I'm not going to say too much just yet because one, I don't want to jinx myself, and two, they're not set in stone. But if things work out I could have some steady streams of income pretty soon. We'll see how things go though.

Let me give a shout out to my cousin Danielle who turns 30 today! I seriously doubt she or any of my family read this blog, but just in case, cards are on the way from us, and I wish you a very happy B-Day, girl.

Danielle also got married last year, the weekend of Mid-Ohio-Con. It was her wedding I missed because I had already committed to the con. So let me extend a belated congrats on that as well. I hope the Illinois weather isn't too bad for you today.

Does anybody out there know anything about Joomla 1.5 and VirtueMart? If so, I could use some pointers. The thing is kicking my butt!

I've got an idea for yet another column I want to do. I'm gonna wait a bit to get my bearings and see how these potential streams of income work out and how much time they take first though. I definitely don't want to rush into another column if I can't sustain it.

Speaking of columns, I need to send this week's in. Which means I have to dig out and scan in some art to go with them. The bad thing is I have no idea where the art I need is right now. It might be behind my chest of drawers, which is set caddy cornered to allow me to throw a bunch of junk behind it for lack of space. :) If they're not there I wouldn't even know where to look. So I hope they're there!

I can't decide whether I'm hungry or not. It's been about 11 hours since I last ate, and I didn't eat much then. But I still can't tell. You know how your stomach grumbles a bit but you can't tell if it's because it's full or empty? That's how I feel right now. I'll probably eat. I don't need to, but I probably will. I'm so weak.

I tried to video chat with someone today but I could not get my microphone working to save my life. That's one disadvantage of using Skype for my phone. For some reason it totally messes up my mic settings. Granted, I use an actual phone with it and not just a mic and speakers, which is where the trouble comes in. I constantly have to change the default mic and speakers if I need to use something other than the phone. It's a pain.

I want to go pick up a copy of Zombie Cop at my LCS tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have the cash. I'm sure I'll get a copy, but it would be cool to walk in there and say "I lettered this". Of course, in a state that has Robert Kirkman, a partner of Image Comics, David Mack who works at Marvel, and RD Hall who writes Heroes GNs, they probably couldn't care less about a lowly letterer with one Image Comics credit. But it would still make me feel good. :)

Oh, did you hear? Me neither.

I don't know...

Anyway, American Idol returns for season 8 starting tonight. As anyone who even slightly knows me knows, I have always loved the show and wanted to go on it a few years ago. So watching it is always bittersweet for me. However, the past couple of years have kind of been wearing thin on me, and this year I'm just so not ready for that whole machine to start up again. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, or maybe it's because it's run its course for me. I don't know. What I do know is that I'm not excited about its return tonight. I'll watch it (or tape it), but I'm not looking forward to it. Go figure.

Ok, I've been up for about 20 of the past 23 hours (took a short nap this morning) so I'm gonna figure out whether I'm hungry or not, then eat regardless, and then probably hit the sack so I can get up later and get back to work.

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

You need to sleep!! So do I. It was really hot here last night. Sam has also been waking up in the middle of the night recently, meaning that we wake up too!