Monday, January 12, 2009

Productivity Increase

Ah, I guess I finally got motivated last night as I made quite some progress on a few things last night and into this morning. Feels good to be back at it accomplishing stuff.

One motivation was a part-time job I'm hoping I get. I'm still waiting to hear back, but it would be a fun job for decent, steady pay, which is something I need.

I still have plenty to keep me busy while I'm waiting though.

Last night I finally caught Tropic Thunder. That was actually a funny and enjoyable film. I had no idea all the cameos were in there, especially Tom Cruise, and just the whole subject matter was, well, different. I've expressed my boredom with Ben Stiller in some of his most recent films, but I was pleased to see him take it to another level here. I mean he had a hand in just about every level of production on this one, plus starring in it. And it wasn't so over the top that it became just ridiculous. It wasn't another Along Came Polly, or even a Zoolander. It was funny and had some hysterical parts in it. One of the best spoof films I've seen in a long while.

This Friday one of my new favorite and much missed shows Friday Night Lights comes back on NBC! It was moved to Direct TV only back in the Fall, but thankfully it's coming back to network TV this week. I'm not into football, but this show hooked me when I first saw it and now I'm just in for the long haul with it.

Battlestar Galactica comes back for its final ten episodes very soon as well. Last night I caught a 30 minute look at where the show has come from and where it's headed. I'm very excited about it.

And Lost is returning soon as well!

So plenty to watch at night here soon. I best be getting the rest of this stuff caught up then, huh?

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

I LOVE Ben Stiller, he's a very funny actor. BUT, Tropic Thunder just doesn't appeal to me at all...