Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Saturday Night

I had an uneventful Saturday night as usual. Hey, I'm almost 32 years old, and honestly, I haven't had many eventful Saturday nights since my late teens/early twenties.

Anyway, I started off by checking my emails and so forth. There weren't that many, mainly some from Lance for Haven related items. So I shot through those real fast and geared up for dinner.

Dinner consisted of a Subway Turkey sub with tomatoes, provolone, some mild pepperjack, mustard, black olives and just a tiny bit of green pepper for crunch (I'm not big on lettuce for sandwiches), a coke, and some Doritos. While I ate I watched the animated feature film Star Wars: Clone Wars.

The film was okay, and it was nicely designed, but the continuity bothered me a bit. In Revenge of the Sith Anakin is complaining about not being made a Master, and he never is because he turns to the dark side and joins the Emperor. Well, in this film he is a Master and takes on an apprentice! And this is before he kills Count Dooku in Revenge of the Sith. That alone is enough to make this film a failure.

Another thing I didn't like was Anakin's personality in the film. They were able to capture the essence of Amidala, Yoda, Mace Windu, the clones, Dooku, Palpatine and just about every character there is except Anakin. They just didn't nail his persona from the last two prequels and that bugged me.

So it was an okay flick, but not great.

After I ate and watched the film I jumped back on the computer for a while. Smackdown (wrestling) comes on late Saturday nights on a local channel since we don't get MyNetwork TV here, and so I put that on while going through my emails. Again, most of them were from Lance who evidently tried to call me at the time as well, but I was in the other room away from the phone. I did a little work on the Haven cart and a couple of other minor things, but not much.

After that I settled in and finished Dragonlance: Amber & Blood. I only had two chapters left, which consisted of about 14 pages, so it wasn't a long read. So I finished that, which was a nice wrap-up to both that book and the trilogy, and it set a permanent change in the world of Dragonlance, which was cool to see happen.

After finishing that I picked up an issue of Superman I got for Christmas that I hadn't read yet, issue #678, and read that. It was a decent read, but I'm so behind on all things comics reading that it was just ok. I hope to get the entire New Krypton storyline just to see if I can get into it.

When I was done reading I was a bit tired, so I laid down for about an hour and a half. I then awoke about 5am or so to start my Sunday.

And there you have it, one of THE MOST boring Saturday nights. Yep, I have no life.


No comments: