Sunday, December 07, 2008

Missed My Signing

Well, Friday night and into early Saturday morning I got really, really sick. I think I've got a touch of the flu to be honest. Scott thinks it's from my work/sleep schedule, but I think added to that and some stress, I have a draft in my bedroom that keeps it pretty chilly in there. But whatever the cause, I got no sleep at all Friday night, kept getting hot flashes and cold chills, had some serioue nasuea if you know what I mean, and felt like I was going to pass out every time I stood up.

Saturday morning I tried to stop Scott from coming, but he didn't get the message in time and came anyway. And with the weather we were having and a couple of accidents on the way, it took him three hours to make an hour and a half trip! Then he refused to take the gas money I offered, and he brought me a Christmas present (Incredible Hulk DVD!)! So needless to say I felt really bad.

I hated missing, I really did. I also missed seeing Chuck, the Ringtail Cafe crew, and Paul of CBW again, which bummed me out. And I'm still pretty sick. Aside from checking my email to get a report from Scott of the signing (which you can read here), I haven't even been on the computer. I've been in bed since Scott left the house yesterday around lunchtime save for a hot bath this morning to get warm and soothe my muscles.

I'm really sorry I missed anyone who came by to show their support. We're going to try to do another one there in March or April, so stay tuned.

As for today, while I've got the strength to be on here I'm going to try to get some of the stuff I said I was going to get done today done. I'm at the very least rested today, which is something I couldn't say yesterday. My throat's not quite as sore either, though I still sound bad and it still hurts a bit. So hopefully I'll be able to accomplish something.

You know, there's only been one year in probably the last decade I haven't gotten sick close to or during Christmas. I'm a pretty healthy guy, the gall stones and seasonal allergies aside, but during December I'm a magnet for every cold or flu that decides to come around. Ugh.

Well I think I've used up enough of my momentary uprightness blabbing away, so I'm off.

B-Out

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

Brant, that really sucks. I hope you are feeling better. We all seem to be getting over our gastro, but now Marianna's mum is sick!