Thursday, December 25, 2008

Long Night!

Followed by a long day. Remember how I said I wasn't going back out into all that? Well, I was wrong. Turns out something I bought didn't have batteries with it, so off I went. After braving four stores to no avail I called it quits. The electronics department at Wal-Mart was insane! You couldn't move two feet without being stopped for a minute it was so packed.

I also had to hit Kroger to pick up some things and it was equally insane and packed. It was also raining hard and just nasty out, and people were literally jumping out of their cars and grabbing buggies outside and running in with them. And sure enough, there were only 2-3 buggies available inside the store. Then the lines were just insane. Luckily I got to hit the express checkout (the check yourself out lines were longer), and only had a minimal wait.

I was also up all night last night with my tooth (medication didn't start working nearly as fast as I had hoped). So all day today I was just out of it. While I was out and about, and while driving even I was fine. But when I pulled into my driveway that all changed. I decided to back in today since I had put the groceries in the trunk and it was still raining. As I did I turned my head, naturally, to see where I was going. At that moment I nearly blacked out, seriously. I don't know what happened, but in that instance I could see nothing, could hear nothing, and could feel nothing. Luckily I snapped out of it before running into the garage door, and I didn't leave the house again.

As soon as I got the groceries in and changed clothes I laid down for three hours, woke up with my tooth throbbing, took some medicine, ate supper (meatless chili - yeah, that didn't feel good on the tooth), and got to wrapping.

I took a break about an hour ago to clean up a bit, and now I've got one more present to wrap and I'm done, thankfully!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, though. We'll get up early and do the present thing, then we'll head over to my aunt's where the whole family is gathering to have sandwiches and desserts. We usually draw names with a $10-15 limit, but this year with things tight we're doing something we've done in past years under similar situations. It's a dollar game where everyone brings a dollar gift and we pick one. Then we can exchange with each other before opening them if we like. Whoever's turn it is can grab anyone's gift they want. It's fun and afterwards if you really don't like it you can still trade. But they're just simple little gifts to have something to open.

So it should be fun. I'm sure we'll play more Rock Band and maybe sing some karaoke. Me, I just hope my tooth settles down for me to enjoy the festivities!

I'll still be posting another song and my Christmas greeting to all of you in the morning before we head out. For now, though, I'm going to try to get some more rest.

B-Out

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

I hope your tooth is feeling better...