Friday, December 12, 2008

I Should Really Be Working

That's not to say I haven't worked today, but I should be working instead of posting 5 posts to the blog today.

I have been on the computer since midnight last night, non-stop, yet I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. That's not true as I did accomplish some stuff, but it's just one of those days where everything is going slow and nothing's clicking just right.

Usually Fridays are the good, relaxing day that launches you into the weekend, but this Friday feels like a Monday to me. Maybe that will explain my seeming split personalities exhibited in the various posts today, I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking for some reasonable explanation as to why I'm being a total spaz today.

As for work, I have finally dug my way out of a mountain of Haven emails and work, but I'm only about half done with all that had built up.

I am eight pages deep into En Garde! and it's coming out quite nicely so far.

Tomorrow I will finish the Visionary submission pages, at least the first draft of them.

I'm also going to send some variations off to True West.

I may work on a variation of the Jesse Roland banner I posted a few posts earlier this weekend, but that's only time permitting.

I hope to make headway on a logo that has kept me stumped.

Genesis #2 is giving me problems and I'm waiting to hear back from the writer for a bail out.

Venger #2 I'm still far behind on sadly.

I just received the pages for the next installment of Ellium yesterday, so I've got that now.

Sadly, a lot of this work I've already been paid for, or it's backend, or a trade off, but it's work, and work that I'm more than willing to do for one reason or another.

Outside of work, I have also updated the sidebar a little, though it won't be noticeable. I cleaned up and updated my ComicSpace page, and even added a new gallery. And I applied for a few jobs, but haven't heard back about those yet.

At 2 I have to pick up my brother and get food. Then I'll probably take a nap as I've been up all night and my eyes are already burning.

Sometime this weekend we may finally put lights on the house, but only if my uncle has free time (he's the one with the ladder and the know-how). If not, I'm going to just forget about it as it will be pointless.

It has been really cold here the past couple of days, with freezing rain and low temps. This weekend it's supposed to warm up a little, but back to raining Monday.

I say this every year, but next year I'm writing a novel. I don't care if I have to hole myself up in a room for three months, I'm writing a novel. It's long overdue, and my prose skills are going to go away if I don't start using them.

And now I've run out of things to say finally, so I'm going to work for ten minutes, get dressed, and then head out to pick up my bro.

B-Out

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

I'm writing an Enshae novel, so we both have a goal to work towards - let's keep each other motivated...