Monday, November 17, 2008

Zzzzzzawwfudge!

Okay, so I'm in the writing mood, but I can't decide on what to write. haha. I don't know if I want to try to tackle the remainder of Wannabez #2, the first draft of Dowry #1, a couple of comic strip ideas I've been thinking about, poetry, prose or what. So here I am blogging. Hey, it's still writing! Just not really productive writing is all...

I am awake at 3:30am because I wasn't feeling well and couldn't sleep. And now I half feel like writing, but I'm not sure I'm awake enough to get deep into anything. It's a strange feeling. I am still on that creative high I received from visiting Comics 2 Games, but I've had a hard time focusing that energy in any specific direction. I've got so much on my plate right now, and so much I'm wanting to do outside of that that diving into anything else is just not really feasible, at least not at full speed. So it's hard to know what to do with these creative juices flowing strongly through me at the moment.

So again, I blog. And not just blog, but Twitter, MySpace and email. Yep, I'm getting loads done. I haven't been this active on social sites in months!


Changing the subject, I watched another movie or two yesterday while I was working. I watched Be Kind, Rewind while working on a logo and some other stuff. It was kind of boring and one-note for me. I love Jack Black, who is an acquired taste, but this movie, while fun in parts, just came across kind of boring. I loved the message in it, but still.

The other one I watched while working on some Haven graphics, and that was A Lot Like Love with Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher. I'm an Ashton fan and Peet's also a really good actress. This was your typical romantic love story movie, and both actors were good in it. It was a bit sappy, but nothing else was on, so I left it on. I liked it well enough, but it left me feeling lonely as these types of movies often do. These two met on a plane then kept hooking up over the course of several years before finally getting together. It was cute.

I also listened to The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, the cartoon, which was as good as I remembered, but much shorter than it seemed when I was a kid. This is actually the first time I've "watched" it in several years, probably since the Grinch movie came out.

Of course I also caught True Blood and Entourage, both which I have a hard time watching parts of as they have some mature content. True Blood is becoming a phenomenon though, and everyone I talk to seems to be really digging this one. It's about vampires in Louisiana, but it's not your typical vampire story, which makes it really cool. The creators and writers behind this really came up with a unique twist on the favorite monster of the moment, and the actors are all excellent in their various roles. I haven't missed an episode yet.


It never did snow this weekend, though it got real rainy, cold and nasty out. I didn't even leave the house.


Not too long ago I thought I might reach 1000 posts by the end of the year, but as of right now I'd have to make around 5 posts a day to reach that, and since I'm not trying to I seriously doubt that's going to happen. Would have been cool if it just happened, but it would take the steam out of it if I tried to on purpose.


Oh, I just found out that yesterday (not sure if that was the official date, but it was celebrated then) was my friend Heather's 21st birthday, so Happy Birthday, Heather!

Heather used to go to the church I used to go to and was sometimes in Sunday School when I taught. I was pretty close to everyone in the church, but Heather was one I knew for a long time since she was a little shy girl and she, as many do, holds a special place in my heart. Hope you had a great one, girl.


Ok, I'm getting tired now, and I think I'm well enough to actually catch some Zs this time. So until next time...

B-Out

No comments: