Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Thanksgiving Aftermath

Man, this was one for the ages! I think we actually had more people than ever, and more food than ever! For the first time ever we also all sat at one table (which was more like 6 giant tables all put together and covered to make one massive table). It was a great experience.

My mom and aunts had decorated the house so nice too. There was a Christmas tree in almost every room, and it was just a very festive, very elegant, but relaxed family atmosphere.

We arrived in time to say our hellos, say the blessing, and dig in! We ate at 2pm as we had some that had to leave and go other places that evening. It was all the regulars, plus some relatives of relatives and boyfriends of cousins and so forth. One of my cousins had three kids I had never seen, one of which looks exactly like their oldest when she was that age.

After we forced ourselves from the table after the main food we went outside and tossed the football for a while before heading back inside to play some games (catch phrase and Rock Band - I suck at the drums, but I did ok on the guitar). Then we hit the dessert table, chatted and played with the dog, then went outside and shot some hoops.

It was a full day, about 7 hours worth, and it was just more fun than I can explain accurately. It's been years since I was able to enjoy the holidays with my family, and I hope to never miss one again. It's just so much fun, and it's what the holidays are truly about for me.

I actually didn't gorge myself today. I ate one plate of food and one plate of dessert, and I drank ice tea and water, no pop. I couldn't have, though, if I wanted to eat or drink more. I am so miserable still from all the good food. I just don't eat big meals like that often, but it was definitely worth it. And if it gives me gall bladder pains later it will certainly be worth that.

This was a great, relaxing day and I loved every minute. I hope all of you who celebrated the holiday had just as good a time as I did.

B-Out

1 comment:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.