Saturday, November 01, 2008

It's November!

You know, I forgot to mention last month, but October of this year marked two years I've been posting to this blog! So I've now passed the two-year mark, and I've loved every minute of it.

Turkey Day is only a few short weeks away, which is my cousin's favorite holiday. Not just for the food, but because my whole family gets together and it's a very special bonding time. We do at Christmas too, but it's a different vibe. Christmas is my favorite time of year, but the holidays in general bring us all closer, which is always a good thing.

Well, I didn't feel too well last night, but I'm recovering. I still got plenty of work done yesterday, so it's all good. Today I'll be working on a submission package for Victor Carungi (Pencilneck), and more Zombie Cop. If I have time after that I'll be working on some logos, maybe, and Corrective Measures #8. So much to do...

Yesterday I caught up on Haven work, and was given some more responsibilities, so that should be fun. I've got to remind Lance to get me the info for the newsletter, though, as it needs to go out soon!

Election Day is in a couple of days, but I'm not going into it here and now. Just thought I'd mention it for the sake of it.

Last night I watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was okay. What prompted me to watch it was my little cousin sent over the series of books, which I'd never read. Then I realized we had the DVD for a while, but I had never watched it (picked it up at a flea market for like $5). I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. It had potential, but I don't think it was realized.

And because of Jim Carey being in that movie, it made me think of something. Remember when he played the Grinch? Remember the little girl that played Cindy Lou Who? Well, I just recently found out she's on this show called Gossip Girl these days all grown up. Man I feel old. I wasn't that young when that movie came out! I think I was like 24. Man.

I started to watch this movie on G4 called The Host, which is a creature feature movie, but the subtitles got on my nerves. It looked decent though for that type of movie. I wanted to try to watch something scary, but I couldn't find anything to get into. Oh well.

Oh, in one week...

I have yet to write the first installment of this new column I mentioned a few posts back. Don't worry, though, I'm planning on having five installments written before it goes live just to be safe.

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight!

What would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike Bar? Me, nothing, I hate the things. I don't know, just because...

I have too much junk, and not enough stuff. Ever feel like that? I wish I could just throw everything out and start over. All my furniture, accessories, most of my clothing... everything. I'm just bored with it all. Most of my clothes don't currently fit, and they're just not me anymore anyway. Sigh, one of these days.

Speaking of, we're about to paint in the house. We've been dealing with drab white walls for over four years now. It's time for a change. We're going with a pale green in the kitchen, which looks better than it sounds. And in the loft upstairs it'll be a tan with a thick black stripe (yep, I'm gettin' creative). My room is going to be black and silver, though I'm not sure how I'll do it up yet. I used to paint houses and apartments, so I know what I'm doing somewhat. I hate cutting in and doing baseboards though - don't have the patience for it anymore. So I'll be doing the rolling and letting someone else do the tedious stuff.

You know what sucks? I have an HD cable box and no HDTV. My brother has an HDTV in his room (got it off my uncle), hence the boxes, but I get HD channels (what handful my sad cable company offers) but they do me no good. Sigh.

I may be having lunch with a local creator sometime next week, but I haven't heard back from him on when, so we'll see. He had asked me to lunch a looong time ago, but at the time I couldn't, then I forgot about it. I remembered recently and contacted him and he seemed game. It'll be cool because aside from Chuck Moore I don't know many locals into comics.

So, a lot to talk about, yet I haven't said much at all really. Ponder that.

B-Out

3 comments:

Ray said...

Turkey Day hey!
Your election day is Melbourne Cup day, where a lot of the country pauses for a horse race - and bets as well.

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

Go Cup Day! I had a 4 day weekend (Cup Day on Tuesday is a public holiday and I took Monday off).

Funny that you mentioned painting. We got a new cupboard put into our house (as we only had 1 before and we were running out of space for our stuff!). To save $ we painted the cupboards ourselves. If I would have known you were a professional, I would have asked for advice ;)

Brant W. Fowler said...

I live in the horse capital of the US and I hate horse racing. It's so boring to me, much like car racing. But to each their own. :)

Jason, yep, that's me. So how did the cupboards turn out?