Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Voting, America!


Well, the day is finally upon us. The most talked about election in a long time is finally here and everyone is or should be down at their polling stations casting their votes. I read somewhere about 188 million people are registered to vote this year.

Whether you like the candidates or not, one thing is for sure - this election will make history. Either we have our first African-American president, or our first ever female Vice President. Either way it's a milestone.

I honestly still have no idea how I'll vote, though I know which way I'm leaning. As I mentioned before, I don't really care particularly for either candidate, and I agree and disagree with certain issues from both campaigns. So it will come down to choosing the lesser of two evils for me. Not to say either of them is evil, but you get the point.

I never really talk about who I vote for, and I'm not starting now. Some people get on a pedestal, but I prefer to keep my choice to myself. If I felt really strongly about a certain candidate I probably would speak up, but sadly, that hasn't happened this year.

I don't really consider myself either a Republican or Democrat. I vote on the issues and the candidates. I am conservative in some things and liberal in others, and I absolutely hate labels. To each their own.

So, this election is finally here and hopefully all the crap that goes along with it will cease! I'm tired of paid programming, 2 hour preempts, smear commercials, and all the other stuff we all loathe about election years. The sad thing is that they work! Sheep, I tell ya, sheep!

Ok, I'm done, and I'm just giving you a hard time. Go vote, let your voice be heard, and hopefully whatever happens something good will come of it.

B-Out

No comments: