Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Gearing Up

This looks to be a busy week indeed. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a local creator, RD Hall at Old Chicago Pizza, and it should be fun. I'm looking forward to it. Yeah, I know it's not going to help me in the least bit in losing weight or with the gall stones, but it'll be okay. It's a one time thing, the pizza that is.

Tomorrow is also Election Day, though I'm honestly not crazy about either candidate, and, like my friend Chuck Kennedy, I'm sick of all the mud-slinging and smear campaigns and am ready for the stench of the political season to be over.

Saturday we have the interview with Chuck Moore, and that will most definitely be a blast.

And of course, throughout the week I'll be fast at work on all these lettering, logo, web design and Haven projects I have in the works.

Today I all but finished up Spud (the lettering at the link is not mine - re-lettered the pages) for Jeff Fox for his Dimestore #0 issue from being in the final round of the last Idol contest. It's a fun, comical story and was a lot of fun to letter.

I also managed to write the first two installments of my upcoming column at Comic Related. Only three more to go before I'm ready to launch it with a store of columns in the bag. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it, taking a completely different writing approach than you've seen in my previous columns, or even here on the blog I think. It's kind of a mesh between prose and blogging with a little self-deprecating humor just to add a nice twist. It's all in good fun though.

On the topic of Comic Related, only 12 more days before it all changes!

Tonight I've been working on Haven stuff for a little bit, and I hope to get pretty far into the Zombie Cop prose section of the GN as well. I had like 7 pages of it done, but I had forgotten I needed to add some illustrations into the text, so I have to rework those now.

Speaking of Zombie Cop, a preview went up at Literate Machine today. The PDF is a little blurry if enlarged, so I recommend reading it at 75%. I'm not sure what happened there, but I assure you the book with be crystal clear.

I've not felt good the past couple of days to be honest, and I've been really fatigued. I did actually get quite a bit of sleep tonight, though totally by accident. I slept yesterday as well, but I didn't feel rested at all. Tonight I did, I just wish I hadn't fallen asleep so early (4pm).

I've not drank pop in like 3-4 days, nor have I eaten anything sweet save a few pieces of candy, and yet I've GAINED weight! Go figure. You know, they say to lose weight you have to eat because otherwise your body has nothing to burn. Well burn, baby, burn, because I have been eating small healthy snacks throughout the day (not ALL day, but you get the picture). I don't know. Maybe I should do that liquid cleansing thing Peter Rios over at Comic Geek Speak sent me the info on after all...

I've finally read quite a bit of the Secret Invasion stuff, and while it's somewhat entertaining, I wish I hadn't missed the lead up to it because everything I read nothing's a secret anymore. There are just skrulls popping up everywhere, almost to the point of overkill. The writing just isn't as smart as I had hoped. In the Avengers titles they keep flashing back spelling out the events, but then it's a completely different story the next issue, then back to the one before that the next, and so on. It's just a mess. I love the IDEA of the Skrull Invasion and how they've been hiding for years. And I commend them for laying down the seeds to this over the past few years (even if it does scream cop out and a way to bring people back to life - the Skrulls were even responsible for M-Day? What?). But I just think it could have played out better from what I've read so far.

I haven't read any DC titles except Trinity in quite some time, so I'm totally out of the loop there. I'm also several weeks behind on Trinity.

Speaking of comics, someone should inform ANYONE who EVER mails a comic that mail carriers do not care if you put "Do Not Bend" on it. If it can bend, that puppy's being folded and crammed into the mailbox. I can't tell you how many books have arrived damaged because of poor packaging and poor care by our mail carriers.

I had a weird dream last night, but I can't remember what it was.

And that's all.

B-Out

2 comments:

Crazz said...

Brant, it sounds like you need to go Double Maverick with me!!! You should check out Desultory and tell me if you're with me on this?

Brant W. Fowler said...

Double Maverick it is! :)