Monday, November 17, 2008

Condolences and Wishes

Well, I now feel like a complete jerk. Somehow I totally missed that my friend Cary lost his father to cancer 5 days ago. I've been so wrapped up in my own world and everything going on directly around me that I wasn't there for one of my closest friends I've never met. My condolences to you, my friend, and please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers always.

Like Cary, my parents divorced when I was four, and my father and I were never really close. Cary got a chance to reconnect with his dad, so they did have some good times and were able to get beyond that gap. I recently reconnected with my own father, and even more recently had a dream that he passed. And with Cary's father passing away it makes the reality of the shortness of time we have that much more tangible for me. I hope that I get the chance to spend more time with my dad before I lose that chance.

I also somehow missed Cary's birthday, so happy belated to you, my friend. It couldn't have been all that pleasant a birthday given your loss, but I hope you managed to have a good day full of memories and surrounded by people who love you.

I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, bro, but I'm here for you now whatever you need.

Brant

No comments: