Monday, October 27, 2008

Starting the Day

Well, I finally got to sleep yesterday... at 10am! Then I wound up sleeping the entire day until about 5:30. Got up and worked a bit, ate and watched a program, then went back to sleep around 11:30, got up at 2:30 this morning and here I am at 5am still up and will most likely be staying up.

I'm still exhausted and sluggish, but nothing else seems to be wrong, at least not right now. Hopefully that will continue through the day, and I'll be energized enough to get done what I need to get done!

Today I'll be working on Tainted and Genotype Prime mainly. I hope to fit in a few other things, but we'll see how it goes.

Things are in the home stretch with Zombie Cop. The team works really well together and we're cranking it out fast. The artist. Szymon Kudranski, is super fast and super talented, and I letter them as fast as he sends them over. I've loved working on this particular project immensely.

I was considering going with some of the family up to Illinois this weekend to visit my aunt, but it doesn't really look like that's going to happen, at least not for me. Whether the rest of the family will make it or not I don't know. It's all up in the air right now. Gas prices, though down from what they were, don't really help the situation either. If they take my aunt's car my mom has to pay for the gas, and it's a guzzler. Mom's car won't make the trip, and the cost of renting a car may be too much right now. So who knows?

I need to lose weight. I'm so disgusted with myself. People who have seen me would probably argue that I don't, but the truth is I do carry my weight well - which just means it's well hidden! I know what I look like and, more importantly, what I feel like. I really want to drop 20 pounds. I could live with that, even though that's still 10-15 above my normal weight. I keep wanting to go to this gym with my cousin, but we have yet to work it out. I don't like going alone, and I won't stay properly motivated like that, at least not at first. And I can't afford equipment for the home, nor would I have any place to put it. I would use it (I used to have a weight bench when I was 13-15 and I used it every day), but that's not an option. Oh well, it'll work out I'm sure. I really do want to lose as much as I can before the holidays hit though. Even if that means gaining it back during!

B-Out

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Have you considered running? If your knees can handle it, you should definitely think about it- those 20lbs will be gone in less than 2 months- promise! =) If you've never ran before, the Couch 2 5K program is a great way to get into running without killing yourself.

I run about 12 miles a week right now and I'm maintaining a 2lb weight loss per week. I was running around 21 miles about 2 years ago, but I was also about 30lbs smaller, so I'm building myself back up to that.

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

I also need to get exercising again - let's try to motivate each other!

Brant W. Fowler said...

Jenny, I have considered running in fact. I just haven't motivated myself to do it. I even have an old treadmill in the garage that my uncle gave us some time ago, but it's buried under boxes. I should just get with the program and run around the neighborhood, I'm just a little self-conscious about it.

I'll look into that though, thanks!

Jason, definitely, let's!

Jenny said...

Oh, I completely understand about being self-conscious. I lost around 20lbs before I even considered running outside.

I have a treadmill and I love it 'cause it lets me catch up on my shows (can't exactly watch CSI when lil' Phoenix is in the room.)

Whatever you do, good luck! =)