Sunday, October 26, 2008

Renewed

Well, sadly, it's been yet another week in between posts, though I did make quite a few posts last week. But even with my lack of posting this week my hits went up a tremendous amount again! You guys (and gals) rock!

I feel I must address the very long post I made last week about having no life. What can I say, I was having an off day. That's what these blogs are for anyway, though, right? To vent, to express ourselves, and just to rant from time to time? Yeah, they're for updates and new information and all that as well, but hey, I'm a complex guy. :)

Anyway, It was just one day and I'm fine. I am under a lot of pressure, and I am contemplating things, but I'm sure no more than the next guy, and I'll live, and I'll get above it, be assured of that. Even when I'm down and out I'm a fighter, and I've been through enough in my life not to let these things get the best of me.

Moving on...

I'm going to start doing a column again. It just feels right this time, and it's something I really want to right about and not just something I tried to come up with to fill a slot like my last two columns, though I still gave those everything I had as well. So I'll let you know the when, where and what of this new column very soon.

All of my websites are going to get an overhaul in the new year, I'm just not sure how or when just yet. Still working out the details...

It's almost November! Man, this year has just rocketed by me. Most of this year has been good for me, and definitely a better year than the previous three by far, hands down, no question about it. So I'll be thankful for that come turkey day (man, I can't wait to eat that home cooked meal!). And then Christmas! Wow, it's already almost here!

Lettering is going steady as usual. I really cranked out quite a bit last week, and I hope to keep that momentum up this week.

I'm still way behind on logos, but hopefully I'll be able to tackle those this week as well.

I have been up all night working on a project, and now it's daylight. Of course, I slept pretty much all day yesterday. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I can't say I've had any symptoms of any ailment, I've just been extremely tired and very sluggish. I just haven't been able to stay up and about. Maybe it's a side effect of the gallstones, I don't know. I know there's a virus going around (my brother went to the doctor Thursday and was out of school Thursday and Friday because of it). All that was really wrong with him was a really bad headache and fatigue, so that could be it. I don't know. But I finally got motivated enough last night to start working on a daunting project and made some pretty good headway on it.

I have now read all of the Dark Elf Trilogy (finished Sojourn the other night). So since I've already read The Crystal Shard, I'm now on Streams of Silver, three or four chapters deep. So far, so good. I'll have to make a post on Sojourn here soon.

I'm also reviewing a few comics for Comic Related, if I can find the time to read them!

I've watched a bunch of movies lately, and maybe I'll do a short review of each in a post soon as well. Among them are The Forbidden Kingdom, The Happening, 3:10 to Yuma, Definitely/Maybe, The Heartbreak Kid, and a couple of others that escape me right now.

I'm really tired, but I'm really wired. My leg is shaking like crazy, and I know I still have so much to do, yet I'm still feeling sluggish and weary, but I know if I laid down I wouldn't be able to sleep. That really bites.

I've really got to find some new things to eat. I have been eating the same things forever it seams. And almost everything includes chicken! Hey, I don't do any other meat save turkey and occasionally (very rarely) bacon, and I'm not big on rice and can't have beans, so that doesn't leave a whole lot. I'm also not too keen on most veggies. I like peas, carrots, potatoes, corn, peppers, and sometimes squash. But I don't like any kind of greens, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, or any of that other stuff that's supposed to be good for you. So what am I left with? Chicken, pasta and turkey sandwiches. Sigh.

We need to clean out the garage before it gets too cold, but I don't want to do it. It's full of dead (and live) bugs and maybe a mouse or two, and it's such a mess you can't even walk around in it. Our house doesn't have nearly enough storage space for all the junk we've got. The closets are small, and there's no room in the tiny garage for much, otherwise, if we could even fit the car in there now, there would be no room to get in the doors. We need to get rid of half our stuff!

Did you hear about Jennifer Hudson's (American Idol, Dream Girls) mother and brother? They were found slain, and now her nephew is missing. That's a sad, sad ordeal. I was shocked, as I'm sure she was. I hope they find her nephew.

I understand in last night's UFC main event, Patrick Cote, who was facing Anderson Silva for the Middleweight title, popped his knee out at the beginning of the 3rd round, so they gave the bout to Silva, who hated taking it like that. Cote was the first to take Silva past the 2nd round in the UFC, and now Silva has won, I believe, 8 straight bouts. They're calling him the best in the world today. He didn't really get to show that in this fight as I understand he danced around these first two rounds (championship fights are 5 rounds), but I have seen him in action and I can't argue that too much. He tore Rick Franklin apart to win the title and hasn't lost it since.

Okay, I'm going to try to rest. Probably won't but ya know.

B-Out

2 comments:

Jason B-L/ DragonFUZE said...

You're doing what?! A new column? I can't wait to hear all about it, and you can be sure I'll be reading every week!

Cleaning out the garage sounds like fun - not! Last week (while I was off work) we had to clean out the only closet in our house (and we don't have a garage!). We are getting the closet replaced, and building a new one in another room as we don't have space for all our stuff!!

Brant W. Fowler said...

Yep! I'll keep you posted. It should only be a couple of weeks from now. But it will be bi-weekly, not weekly. I can't handle weekly. I even considered just doing it every third week.