Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Back from Chi-Town

I am finally back from Wizard World Chicago and I had a blast!!! It was so much fun, and very productive if I say so myself. Stay tuned for some possible announcements. :)

I'll also be doing a full write-up of my first convention experience for www.comicrelated.com here soon.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) it's back to business as usual. I'm glad to be home, but I had so much fun away, even though there were some missteps in getting there.

Plus it was Scott's birthday this past Saturday, so I got to hang with him on his birthday then watch him open presents from his wife when we got back to his house, which was cool.

It was very cool meeting all these people I had only talked to online or on the phone previously. I'll probably leave someone out, but it was cool finally meeting...

Scott Simmons
Chuck Kennedy and his brother Lou
Chuck Moore
Lance Stahlberg
Sean Taylor
Scott and Benita Story
Trin Gutierrez
Eric Rampson
Mike Dolce
Brent Erwin
Tom Stillwell
Derek Ruiz
Kris Simon
Joe Gentile

And I know there were others, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment (in my defense, I'm beat and it's 4:30am as I type this!).

I also got to meet some cool creators and celebrities. I got to meet Mick Foley (WWE) and got his autograph, Gail Kim (TNA), David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Shannon Denton (EIC of Wildstorm), Josh Blaylock (DDP) and various others.

Not to mention sitting in on interviews with (and actually asking a couple myself) the creative team behind Batman: Gotham Knights, including: Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Greg Rucka, Brian Azarello and others! I was stoked for that, and it was really cool. More about that in the con report.

The best costumes of the con had to be Mojo and C3P0. The latter was very authentic, and the former was amazing! Check out ComicRelated.com for a few photo galleries.

Like I said, it was a blast and I am going back next year, hopefully with a table and a bunch of copies of Wannabez #1-3!

B-Out

2 comments:

dragonfuze said...

WOW! Great you had a good time. Please email me some more details - or I will read your online report. Let me know when it is available.

Ray said...

Glad you made it there and had a great time man.