Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Return

Well, we got back from our mini vacation yesterday evening, and I was thankful to finally be home. We had a good time overall, but as I'm sure there is with every family, there was the much unneeded drama at times.

You know the routine. "Who's going here?" "When are we doing this?" Why can't we just do that?" and so on and so forth. And some had money, others didn't have a lot. Some wanted to do their own thing while others wanted everything to be on an itinerary and do it all together. Some were perfectly content staying at the chalet, playing games, swimming and so forth, while others just had to do the go-carts, eat out and walk around stores.

Bottom line is I spent far too much money out of necessity, and would have rather just chilled at the chalet all weekend and would've been fine never leaving. But the fact is we were hardly at the chalet and I had a little brother I had to let have fun, so I went along too. And we had a blast, don't get me wrong. I love my family, and I love hanging out with them. And I do enjoy mini golf, arcades and go-carts as much as the next guy, but it was just a little much considering finances. And I still can't figure out where $100 of it went as it just doesn't seem to add up properly.

But the important thing is we were together and enjoyed each others' company... for the most part. :)


On another note, I did get to check my email a couple of times while I was away, though the connection was very sporadic. But I received an email from the potential employer I spoke about previously. It seems they have a proposal for a new position that they feel is better suited for me, so I'll wait and see what that entails and go from there.


I have a dentist appointment this morning at 8 am (ugh), but after that, provided I'm not still sleepy from the trip, I intend on returning to lettering and logo work for the remainder of the week. Last night I watched about an hour of TV then crashed, so I got nothing done. And I didn't have time over the weekend. So I've got a bit of catching up to do, but nothing overwhelming at this point.


So that's what's up on those fronts. I'll keep you all posted as things progress. Thanks for reading!

B-Out

2 comments:

dragonfuze said...

Let me know - by email - what happens with the job.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Will do. Still waiting...