Thursday, May 22, 2008

Memorial Day - The Great Escape

Tomorrow afternoon, my family is heading down to Pigeon Forge to stay in a nice chalet for the extended holiday weekend called The Great Escape. How appropo, no?

After the loss of my Papaw, my family just wanted to be able to get away and enjoy each others' company as it's been a while. And while I had suggested going out to dinner, or having a cookout, my uncle came up with this idea and found this place (click the post title), and so everyone eventually got on board with it.

It's been YEARS since we all went away together, so this is a much needed trip. We're just going to hang out, have fun, and just be ourselves. We'll probably walk the strip, ride some go carts and stuff, and probably eat out once or twice. But mostly we'll probably just hang out at the chalet, cook, play games, and just relax, you know?

This is especially good for me should this job pan out as I may be moving away. And I have missed the past several family get togethers living in the same state, so I know how hard it would be for me to get back if I lived elsewhere. So I'm really looking forward to this.

Sadly, I have not really gotten much work done this week though. It's been one thing after another, with people in and out, and I just haven't accomplished much, nor have a I felt up to it. I ate wrong on my trip last week, and my stomach still hasn't fully recovered, so I've been sleeping more than usual and just feeling drained.

But today I am pushing it out, and tomorrow I'll probably have my brother's laptop with me to try to get some stuff done. I'll also have it over the weekend, but I don't know how much I'll be able to get done with the whole family staying together, and it being a vacation (last week was business).

So, that's what's up this weekend, and I just wanted to let everyone know.

B-Out

2 comments:

dragonfuze said...

Enjoy the trip and have a great time - you deserve a bit of a relaxing break! :D Hopefully I'll see you on Skype tonight!

Ray said...

Have a great trip Brant, might be just what you need!