Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Rose Again the Third Day

I don't talk much about religion on here, though it's common knowledge that I am a firm believer in God. Nothing anyone could ever say will dissuade me from knowing He exists. I've experienced way too much to ever deny His presence or involvement in my life.

That said, today is one day I wish to honor my Lord and Savior. While this may be a commercial, or pagan holiday in our interpretation of it these days, it's still also the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ after being Crucified for our sins. And I thank Him for his sacrifice for me.

Now, whether this day means to you baskets, bunnies and Easter egg hunts, or celebration of Jesus' triumph over the grave, or nothing at all for that matter, I still wish you a Happy Easter.

For us, we've always done the Easter basket thing. In fact, we'd have egg hunts after church, and my former pastor's family had a tradition of hiding each others' baskets and making them hunt for them in the house. But we also had a huge Easter play every year in which I played Jesus for the last five years I was at the church.

For me, the baskets and so forth, or the tree and gifts at Christmas time, are no huge insult to God. They are by and large harmless fun activities added to the holidays, unless of course taken overboard. As long as you acknowledge what the holidays really mean I have no problem with it.

My friend Cary posted on his blog how someone apologized to him for saying Happy Easter because he's not really religious, and how it was no big deal to him. That's the way I am too. It's no big deal to me to say Happy Easter, or for someone to not say it to me, or whatever. We have become far too politically correct these days. While I don't think we should go out and say offensive stuff, I don't think anyone should ever be ashamed of wishing someone a happy holiday or blessing them when they sneeze. That's just ridiculous and way too uptight in my opinion.

So anyway, whatever your beliefs are, I hope this is an enjoyable day for one and all, and that you get something out of it, even if it's just candy, a relaxing day, or time with the family.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Happy Easter, and God Bless!

B-Out

No comments: