Monday, March 24, 2008

Fun Day, Monday

Ok, so when is Monday ever fun, right? I'm trying to psyche myself into believing it is, though, so I'll run with it.

The weekend was enjoyable, though I do sincerely regret eating pizza leftovers Saturday. Once in a blue moon it's ok. Two days in a row, not so much. So I won't be trying that again anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone who's been visiting this blog this week. My numbers went up about 40% this week, so I appreciate all of you out there.

This weekend I put to bed the full issues of Mayden #1 and Twilight #1 lettering-wise. Actually, there are two more pages of Mayden, but I'm waiting on script revisions for those.

I've got a decent plate of stuff for this week, but with room to add more if anyone out there is looking to hire a letterer, editor or writer. :)

I'm starting a new script this week as well tentatively called Dowry: The Beginning. It's a horror story and I'll be working with Ellium artist Jason Moser on it. So I'm excited about that one. More details on it in the weeks to come. This is actually the first time I've ever even put it out there to my recollection. So you're hearing it here first.

I'm also doing a bit of PR work for Digital Webbing this week, and some stuff for Haven Distributors, along with some lettering, editing and logo work of course.

I also snagged an occasional typing gig for some extra income, but nothing on the plate as far as that goes presently.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people about potential jobs. And I've got some lettering work in the pipeline in the coming months.

Now for some sad news. Wannabez no longer has a publisher, at least for the moment. Unfortunately, we had to part ways with Nifty Comics, our now former publisher. I won't go into the details, but I will say that Mat Nastos was very kind in our parting and offered any help we may need down the road.

As an aside, I will still be editing Nifty Comics books as far as I'm aware. I have edited a few issues of Cadre already and will be editing a Cadre/Dyna Girl crossover this week.

Back to Wannabez, we are actively looking for a publisher again, so ANYONE out there who is interested in the property, please don't hesitate to contact me. My contact info can be found via the "contact" link in the header of this blog.

Over the next couple of days I'll be re-lettering Wannabez #1 as I'm not happy with the lettering as is seeing that I lettered it so long ago and can painfully see the flaws in it. I might also be doing some on the fly revisions of the script while I'm at it. But we'll have a full package to look at of at least 5-10 pages of issue 1 sometime this week. We have a few publishers we haven't tried yet, and one or two we may try again, but we are open to any and all interest at this point.

If you're not familiar with the project, be sure to hit the Wannabez Blog or MySpace page for details!

I still have a couple of things in the works as well. One of which is going smoothly and progressing quite nicely if I do say so myself. I am very excited about the venture and see mad potential in it. I still can't talk about it yet, but keep watching!

And while I'm here, I'd like to give a shout out to a few people who have been really supportive over the past several weeks just because. In random order:

Cary Kelley - Bro, thanks for your support and friendship.
Jason Berek-Lewis - My brother from another mother, I appreciate you, mate.
Chuck Kennedy - Dude, you rock! Thanks for being there, man.
Ray Hickson - Thanks for the emails and constant encouragement, bro.
Jenny Goguen - Your support, help and friendship are greatly appreciated. Words aren't enough.
Chuck Moore - Your site rocks, and so do you, man. Thanks for being supportive of me, indy comics, and much more.
Scott D.M. Simmons - You're my boy, Scott, and I appreciate everything you've contributed both creatively and personally over the past couple of years.
Lance Stahlberg - Though our relationship is just business, you have been understanding and supportive more than most employers would ever be. I appreciate that, man.

I'm sure I left a few out, and I apologize. These are just the people off the top of my head that I have been in the most contact with over the past couple of weeks.

Now, with all that mushy stuff out of the way, there's not much else to say right now except for you to try and go enjoy your Monday!

B-Out

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awww! You're so awesome Brant. =)