Tuesday, February 05, 2008

True Loss

I am finding it hard to formulate words at the moment, so forgive me if this comes off less than eloquent or even intelligent.

I have lost a loved one tonight, my former pastor's 19 year old son, a kid I knew all his life, and loved like a brother. I really have no words to describe what I feel as I am very numb, and none of it is real to me yet. I hadn't seen him in a couple of years, and now I never will again.

My heart, my love and my most earnest prayers go out to the Lee family and all the friends and loved ones of Michael Lee.

As the song goes, Michael, "every step I take, every move I make... every single day, every time I pray I'll be missing you". My only solace is that you are a child of God, and I know you are in a better place. I love you, brother, and I will miss you until we meet again.

Update: The obituary is linked to the title of this post.

4 comments:

Ray said...

Brant I'm really sorry to read this post. Mate, don't really know what to say, I just hope he knew how much he meant to you. Thinkin' of you mate.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Thanks, Ray.

Possum Pirate Press said...

So sorry, Brant. It's a tragedy to lose someone so young. There's really no easy way to take it. I hope his family finds comfort in their son's friends, as he must have had some good ones, if you're any indication.
Take care, Brant.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Thanks, Ginny, and yes, he did have some good friends. My little cousin, who is the same age as Michael, was his best friend - they grew up together like brothers - inseparable. And the whole church loved him as well, so he had a lot of good people in his life.

It's just so hard to believe he's gone.