Friday, February 15, 2008

Staring at the Ceiling

I am starting to dive into the podcast listening world mainly for research. I'm not a big podcast/radio guy - I guess I'm more of a visual person - but I do enjoy them on occasion.

Some of the ones I've been listening to are Comic Geek Speak, Comics Radar and Comic Addiction. I plan on checking out Alter Ego for sure, maybe iFanboy and Indie Spinner
Rack as I find the time (which at present, I have more of than usual - more on that when the time is right).

Podcasts seem to really be hit and miss in my limited listening experience. I haven't really found one yet that I just love every single episode. CGS is probably the closest to that, but they have a bunch of people to feed off each other, which definitely helps. I find that the ones with only one person tend to fall flat a lot more than when there's multiple people to feed off and fill in the gaps. It is definitely an art regardless, and one that I certainly don't have yet from my early experiments with the medium a year or two ago. Whew boy, those were bad! Scratch that - horrendous!


If you haven't guessed yet, yep, still can't sleep. It's 3:30 and I'm up typing a blog because I just can't get to sleep, but I'm too tired to really do anything constructive. Or maybe I'm just lazy? Your call.


I really need an iPod. You know, I've never had a cell phone. I had a pager for a few years, but it belonged to the church, so that didn't really count. And I've only had a portable CD player once a few years ago. I don't think I even ever had a Walkman back in the day. I had a generic little AM/FM radio once upon a blue moon bought at a yard sale, but that's about it. I'm so far behind on the times!


Lost was really good tonight. They raised a lot more questions, but answered some as well. I love this show, and now the whole first season is online for free! I still haven't watched the first season yet...


Is anyone out there watching America's Best Dance Crew on MTV? If not, look up Jabbawockeez on YouTube (the spelling may be wrong). They all wear masks, but their dancing is awesome. Their first audition they did this stop motion explosion type routine at the end that just blew my mind. I like how they incorporate the hip-hop, B-Boy and even Mime into their routines. They are one talented group of guys.


Yep, the random thoughts have taken over, and now I'm even out of them. And I still can't sleep.

B-Out

3 comments:

ScottDMSImmons said...

Not a podcast, but I have been enjoying watching episodes of THE STACK, by Pulp Secret and Newsarama. Video with three funny guys who obviously love comics and aren't boring or bad on camera. http://www.youtube.com/user/PulpSecret

Brant W. Fowler said...

Yeah, I just discovered that the other day. I can't believe I never noticed they had a videocast on their site before. It is pretty cool and entertaining. I like it.

Ray said...

Try some podcasts with meditation, they might help with sleep.
We're up to episode 3 of Lost S4 this week and I must say it is still frustrating. But unfortunately I want to know how it ends up.
I'm tossing up getting an iPod but I've had a mobile (cell) for years now and it's one of those things you look back on and wonder how you ever lived without it!