Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brand New Day

No, I'm not referring to a Spider-Man story arc with that title. Rather, I am declaring this a brand new day in the life of Brant W. Fowler.

Yeah, okay, that's kind of silly since it IS a brand new day, not just for me, but for everyone. But what I mean is that I've made some decisions recently that have been finalized as of today. Therefore, this is a new start in a way.

If I was taught anything from last week's tragedy it was that time is short, and we don't have a lot of it. We never know what's going to happen, and regrets aren't something I want to carry anymore. And I have a lot of them already, so there's no room for more.

Some decisions I won't talk about openly, but it is beyond time for them to be made, and so I've made them. They start this week... today even. Hence the title if you're not reading along.

One thing I will talk about is what Brant will be doing this year (and yes, I went third person on ya). Brant (see, did it again) will be going to cons this year, for the first time ever! One for sure will be the Ohio Comic Con in Columbus at the end of October. Scott and I will have a table in Artist's Alley and will have Wannabez merchandise, among other stuff, available!

We are also considering going to Indyfest USA on September 21st, also in Ohio, which is run by Dimestore Production's Ian Shires. We haven't made a decision on that one yet, but if we do, we'll also have a table there.

I am still contemplating making Wizard World Chicago and meeting up with my boy, Chuck while I'm at it. Lance from Rogue Wolf Entertainment (and now with Cold Cut Distribution) also lives in Chicago, so I'll meet up with him to if I go. That one's in June I.

And if I can possibly swing it (pray for a miracle), I'd love to make it to Wizard World Texas IF my buddy, Cary is going this year, mainly just to meet and hang out with him. That one's in November.

On top of the cons though, Cary and I are talking about going to Australia, and while we're there, meeting up with yet another good pal, Jason.

So if everything works out, this is going to be an exciting year for me. A busy one, but an exciting one!

There are several other things I will be changing and soon, but I can't talk about them right now. Just stay tuned, this will be my year.

B-Out

6 comments:

ScottDMSImmons said...

I say "welcome new day"! I cannot wait to do the Ohio Comic Con! This will indeed be a great year for you and me... and WANNABEZ, a wonderful project I am PROUD to be a big part of! Thanks, Brant!

Scott

Ray said...

Easy on the third person stuff mate! If you do make it down here count me in, I'd love to catch up with you.
And you're right, life is short and shouldn't be taken for granted

Cary said...

Brant W. Fowler needs to add girlfriend to that mix! hehe great news man and i'm totally stoked about the Texas con! that rocks!

Brant W. Fowler said...

I'm I'm proud to have you be a part of Wannabez, Scott!

Definitely, Ray!

Cary, that's so wrong, yet oh so right! :)

Yeah, let's just hope it all works out!

dragonfuze said...

I hope you make it to Oz. I will be so weird to meet you - in a good way ;)

Jenny said...

Meeting Cary is definitely worth the trip to TX. Granted, I only had to drive an hour to meet him 2 years ago, so I can't say much. =)