Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A New Beginning

The year has begun anew once more as we say goodbye to 2007 and hello to 2008. Yes, I'm a day late, but hey, I wasn't online yesterday. Not that I was out having fun or anything, just wasn't online. My New Year's resolution? Get a life! So there ya go. :)

In all seriousness, I was actually a little down over New Year's for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I got in a little two-day funk which I am thankfully passed now. And I am very hopeful for the new year that it will be a much more fruitful, overall beneficial and enjoyable year than the last two, which weren't all that great for me. Last night as I went to bed a simple phrase just started repeating in my brain over and over again: "remember the good times". So that's what I'm doing, remembering the good times, not looking back, but looking forward to better things while living in today. So far, so good one day into it all. I'll keep you posted.

Scott's friend, by the way, did a drawing of Mau from Wannabez, which Scott has posted on the WBZ blog, which you can find by clicking the title of this post.

I started back on work today, slowly but surely, mostly editing today. Lettering will most likely resume tomorrow.

Over Christmas I surprisingly lost 4 pounds, 7 total for a week, and that's quite odd as I mainly ate junkfood all holiday long. I think I've picked a couple back up, but that was a nice Christmas present at the time. :)

I got to talk on the phone with a friend I haven't seen in about three years last night, so that was cool. Strangely we didn't have a lot to say and just kept asking how things and people were. haha. Oh well, the important thing is we talked, so good times all around.

I had contemplated on waxing philosophical in this post, but it's just not in me at the moment. I'm still in that in between stage of the total slacker mentality the holidays bring on and the getting back in the mind of work mode, so I'm not yet firing on all cylinders. That, and the events of my life of late have left me with nothing profound to bestow on you, so more than likely any "philosophical" nuggets would be rantings of sweets, eggnog and late night sandwiches at this point.

And with that...

B-Out

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Crazz said...

I have no idea why, but I pictured you writing about the holidays drinking some warm cocoa and wearing giant red "footy" pajamas that had dancing gingerbread men and candy canes on them.

Yeah, I have issues, we all know that.

So, what exactly did you do for New Year's Eve?