Saturday, January 26, 2008

Moving Along

I finished up a small lettering job today that I'm hoping leads to something. Can't talk about it right now, but I'll keep you posted as I can.

I have another 5-page lettering job for a submission to finish today, and some pages of AOH to go. And some others of course. Still catching up, but doing it a steady, don't want to kill myself, rate, so that's always good. :)

I'm sending in a writing resume today for something. I won't say what until I know if it's going to pan out, but hopefully it will also lead to good things.

I'm still contemplating on whether or not to enter that Shadowline writing contest (as seen here) or not. The deadline is Thursday, but I just haven't come up with anything good enough to enter. Not that I've really given it much thought, mind you - just haven't had the time.

This year I am sincerely hoping to do some travelling, specifically to some conventions and so forth. We'll see how that all works out. I'd love to go to Wizard World Chicago and San Diego Comic Con. I was planning on going to Mid-Ohio Comic-Con, but since Roger Price, the guy who runs it, is stepping down, I'm not sure if there will be a show this year (depends on if anyone else buys it, and if they can produce a show in time). It's the closest one to me, so obviously the most logical one to attend. But I have friends in Chicago and would love to go to that one. And of course, I've never been to SDCC, so that would be an experience.

In fact, I've never been to any major con. I've only been to one local convention many years ago, and that's it. So I'd love to go to at least one con this year.

Then there's a possible trip to Australia at some point, but more about that as I know.

Suffice it to say, I'm hoping things work out better this year and I can actually get out and do the things I really want to do (I haven't even been on a vacation in about 5 years!).

So for now, I'll just keep moving along, and pray for a break here and there. :)

B-Out

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Brant!

I plan on hitting as many cons as possible this year- you can get free room and board at the Goguen household if you want to go to NY, Baltimore, or any of the other cons out here. =)

Ray said...

Hey mate, hope the trip to Oz comes off, it'd be great to hang with you for a while. Keep us posted man!

Brant W. Fowler said...

Jenny, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Ray, for sure, man. I'll keep you posted.

dragonfuze said...

Yeah! I hope you can make it Down Under, are you going to travel with Cary?

Brant W. Fowler said...

Yeah, that's the plan. We'll see how it goes.