Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back on the Saddle

Wow! Nearly THREE WEEKS since my last post, I can't believe it's been that long. I kept telling myself, "tomorrow". Oh well, I'm here now!

I've been keeping myself busy between lettering, editing, typing and logo design lately, and I think I've gotten quite a bit accomplished, but still have a ways to go at present.

I picked up another pretty much permanent lettering gig. I did issue 6 of the series and the guy liked it so much he offered me pretty much all the upcoming issues, so that was really cool. It was a fun book to work on.

I also picked up a couple of small jobs and a couple of logos, so I'm working on all that plus what I have left of the backlog.

I got some exciting news from a client non-lettering related that I can't talk about yet, but it's pretty big, at least I think it is. I'll talk about it when it's official and the press release is out.

Young Explorers, the book I'm assisting in the operation of, is going along smoothly. It won an award and it's not even published yet! It'll be in the April Previews, so I'll keep you posted about that one also.

I've got a phone meeting about an endeavor tomorrow night, and hopefully things will go well with that. It's time, but I can't talk about it yet either.

In the meantime, this weekend I've really gotten into this Facebook thing. I got invited by several friends and finally dove in. It's quite a different experience as compared to MySpace with all the games, quizzes and activities you can participate in. It's pretty fun, I just hope I have enough time to devote to it. :)

I also got into Yuwie a while back. With that one you make a little bit of money for posting, adding pictures, adding friends and so forth. So if you guys check out that link and like what you see be sure to sign up under me!

The weather seems to have calmed down now. Over the past week we've had rain, snow and tornado watches! But it seems pretty mild today.

American Idol started back up last week amidst some controversy about a former contestant saying they had entered a decline. While I still enjoy the show, I have to say so far it's the same old stuff we see year in, year out and it is getting a little old. I sincerely hope they have some really, really good singers this year...

I have now seen all of Battlestar Galactica (the present series) and know all the backstories, so I'm really looking forward to what is probably the last season this March. And I can't forget that Lost comes back at the end of this month! And Smallville and Supernatural are new this week too!

I saw Stardust yesterday, and I pretty much enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but it was pretty entertaining.

And I guess that'll do it for another three weeks, right? Nah, I won't keep you guys hanging for that long. :)

B-Out

2 comments:

dragonfuze said...

Please DON'T keep us hanging. I'm hoping to get BSG season 3 on DVD soon - I think I have one or two more eps to watch and then Season 2 is a wrap!

Ray said...

Welcome back Brant. Wondered where you'd got to. I refuse to go on Facebook.