Sunday, December 09, 2007

Free for All

The day before yesterday, my mother and aunt found some office furniture a bank was throwing out. It was perfectly good, they were just remodeling. So they picked it up for free.

So, yesterday, I got the best workout I've had in a while as I had the privilege of hauling two very heavy book cases and a couple of chairs upstairs to the loft (our den) by myself! My brother wasn't home, and my mother can't lift anything heavy due to her injury. And did I mention that there's a landing and a sharp turn, then a few more steps? Or that one of the book cases is about 2 and a half feet deep, 4 feet wide, and about 4 and a half feet tall? Yeah, that wasn't easy.

But I got them up here and now instead of looking shabby, we have a nice little office space since this is where the computer is. My printer was sitting on top of a ratty old short broken bookcase we found a couple of years ago, but now it's got plenty of space on this counter like piece of furniture. And everything is organized neatly instead of just thrown here and there. So that was a nice early (free!) Christmas present.

After that was all done, I then had to brave the garage (which has a bunch of junk in it that we don't have anywhere else to put, and haven't gone through to get rid of) to locate a couple of items to bring in the house for decorating purposes. Needless to say, they were in the very back under everything else. So that was a fun day. :)

But all in all, things turned out nice. Today my mother decorated a bit while I worked and looked for more work. And that's about it. Aside from helping mom a bit with stuff she couldn't reach, I've been here at this computer all day at my nice little home office area. :)

B-Out

1 comment:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

Home office = cool! I hope you get a lot of great work done in there.