Monday, December 17, 2007

A Day in the Life...

Man, this has past week has been a nightmare. Between working and trying to get more work, trying to stuff to sell on eBay, and nursing after the sick, I'm spent!

What's that? Nursing the sick? Yep, my mom has a severe ear infection and some kind of pretty serious abdominal thing. She's literally been in bed for three days. My brother, on the other hand, has an upper respiratory infection, some light asthma, and something else that escapes me at the moment. He missed half last week of school.

Me? Same physical problems I've had for a while, except the stomach thing, which FINALLY seems to have subsided (which makes me think it may have been related to the kidney thing as that's cleared up as well). My stomach hasn't flared up for a couple of weeks now, knock on wood or say a prayer.

Work has been slow going what with trying to get other paying work (and since it really isn't), and with holiday stuff and so forth, and because the site was done most of the day today. But I'll be posting some stuff here shortly.

Lettering is steadily moving along. I finished Superworld Presents (man, that was a fun book!), and I've got a couple of things to finish tomorrow and the next day. Still waiting on edits for Merc43.

Editing has slowed down, though I'm still reviewing art as it comes in.

I have to finish up that pinup today and send it in. I didn't get the children's book thing, by the way. I had scanner issues, then my website (including this blog and my email) was down for a whole day. So I was two days late getting my sample sketch in, and so they said I couldn't meet deadlines even though they knew the situation, and the deadline was self-imposed!

Anyway...

I still haven't found much work save a few small gigs here and there, and the possible job I mentioned didn't work out. But I still have one prospect I probably won't hear from until after the holidays. We shall see.

eBay selling is a bust for me. First, I just don't have the funds to invest in listing fees at this time. Second, the products I have aren't most wanted. And third, they just plain don't sell. So, I've begun putting together my own little storefront gradually in what little spare time I have, just to sell all this stuff I have and no longer need or want. Beware, there may still be some kinks, and I have a lot more comics to add to it, but you can check it out by clicking the title of this post.

All things considered, I'm actually in an okay mood right now. I'm not ecstatic mind you, but I'm certainly not down (though I probably should be). I guess it's just this time of year, which has a lot of emotional, sentimental and spiritual value for me. Speaking of, I was looking at a picture of my Nana holding my brother in her lap this morning. My brother's first Christmas was my Nana's last, so that Christmas was doubly special, and seeing that picture, the only one we have like that, just brought all that back to me. We also videotaped Christmas that year, which I intend on digging out and watching here soon.

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. Not for the gifts as I enjoy giving far more than I do receiving, but just the feeling, the warmth, the smiles and the whole general atmosphere of this time of year. I look forward to it every year, and I mourn its passing every year. But it makes it that much more special when it comes around again.

Ours is one of those families that has all the aunts, cousins, uncles and so forth all together on the holidays, singing songs, opening gifts, playing games, eating and laughing all together. And my Nana used to always have tons of presents under the tree, even if they were small, inexpensive things. It was just the whole magic and mystique of waking up Christmas morning and finding all those presents filling the room. It's just a magical feeling, and one I very much enjoy giving these days when I can.

So, I won't say nothing can get me down at this time of year, but I'll say I'll fight anything that tries as hard as I can!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

B-Out

1 comment:

Ray said...

Think you need to quarantine yourself!