Monday, November 12, 2007

Lazy Day

First, I am feeling much better as I type this, about at 85%, so that's really good comparatively speaking. Especially since for the better part of the day I was in bed afraid to move it hurt so bad. But things seem to have taken a turn for the better this evening.

That said, since I was in bed and couldn't sleep, it became a movie marathon day for me today, and I had a bunch of stuff on hand to watch oddly enough. So today I watched The Marine, Pulse, Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Stealth, and Doom.

Did I mention I love movies?

So, I'm tired and about to turn in, but I'll give a brief review of each.

The Marine: 3.5 of 5
Pretty good movie actually. Much better that Condemned if you ask me, but the acting was still not spectacular. And the music nearly killed the film. There were also some strange beats, but overall I enjoyed the flick. Probably wouldn't watch it again though.

Pulse: 3 of 5
A ghostly horror tale that seemed to be a subtle commentary on the evils of technology in a round about way. That concept has been done better in other films, but the overall story was interesting here. I didn't feel a resolution though, and that bothered me.

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift: 3.5 of 5
I thought this film was pretty good actually. I didn't care so much for the lead actor, but I felt that if they were going to continue the franchise that this was a good way to do it, moving it away from the cop infiltrating storyline of the first two. And the surprise at the end was pretty cool.

Stealth: 4 of 5
I really liked this film for what it was. The flying sequences were cool, and the acting was great. The story had some decent twists. Could have been better, but I'd watch this one again.

Doom: 4 of 5
I was really surprised by how good this movie was. I'm even tempted to give it a 4.5, but not quite. The acting was excellent in my opinion, as was the directing and the story. And I loved how toward the end it went first person shooter like the video game. That made the movie for me, even though I've never played the game. This was just a really good movie and I'd definitely watch it again.

And that's all for tonight.

B-Out

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yay! I'm glad you're feeling better! =)