Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!



Here's wishing a very happy turkey day to all you carnivores out there (and a happy cranberry day I guess for all the vegans and vegetarians (though I'm not sure what the difference is). Regardless of your eating preference, have a blessed day with your family and friends, and be sure to consider all the things in your life you are thankful for.

As for me, I am thankful for a small group of friends that have proven to be true friends over the past year or two. You know who you are. And for my family, who I may not always see eye to eye with, but have always been there in one way or another. And for a few others that I care about dearly and wish I could see more. You know who you are as well.

I'm also thankful for being alive and for not having it as bad as I could have it. Even in the worst of times I can see how I have been blessed through the years, and being that this is a day of reflection on those things I'd be remiss not to make reference to them, if not specifically at least by mention.

I'm thankful that for the past year I've been able to do what I love for the most part, and that I know my path even if it's a little hard to get to. I'm thankful that over the past two years I've grown tremendously and things have become much more clear to me.

And finally, last, but not least, to all of you that diligently read my musings and updates from time to time. I appreciate your dedication and interest more than you could know.

May each and every one of you have a wonderful day today, whether it's a holiday where you are or not. And may you all be richly blessed.

And for the rest of you, to quote Bilbo Baggins,
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." If you can make sense of that, I kid, I kid. :) In all seriousness, Happy Thanksgiving! Don't gorge yourselves on pumpkin pie! B-Out

1 comment:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that, despite being on the other side of the world from each other, we are still great friends.

Cheers!