Wednesday, September 19, 2007

YouTube/MySpace - The Star Makers

Man, when does it go too far? So you're telling me now that all I have to do to become a big TV star is to post videos of myself crying over a celebrity? And that comes with the big money I'm sure... sign me up!

Seriously, I know America is supposed to be the land of opportunity, but are there no limits? Literally anyone can be a big star these days if they have the right hook.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, after the torrent of backlash Britney Spears received for her performance at the VMAs, YouTube and MySpace sensation Chris Crocker posted an emotional, tear filled video of himself begging people to leave Britney alone. As a result he has just signed a deal for a reality series with 44 Blue Productions (click the title for the story). It's amazing the depths Hollywood will go to cash in... then again, it is Hollywood.

Who knows, maybe I should start a video series crying my eyes out about whatever fancies me. Maybe, just maybe, it's not actual talent that's needed, but an emotional connection and a bunch of kids hitting my page multiple times to get people to notice me. That's how you make it!

What has America come to?

B-Out

2 comments:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

That's a disgrace! I saw the video and I thought it was melodramatic and kind of sad. If that is the path to celebrity in 2007, I prefer anonymity!

Crazz said...

I think it's time to tear down Society and start over again!