Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Waffles, License, Friends and Lettering

This morning I made homemade waffles for the fam. They were very appreciative. I overcooked the bacon (I don't eat it, and therefore don't normally cook it) but they still enjoyed it. It was the first time in a long time we all ate together.

Why waffles? Simply put, I wanted to cook something, and that's about all we had. lol I could have even gone the Eggo route, but I felt like making something special. I even heated up the syrup and put it in one of those silver containers they use at the restaurants. Good times. If only I had some hashbrowns to go with it all would have been good!

I turned down a lettering job this morning. The guy wanted me to send a photocopy of my driver's license, and with identity theft at the rate it is and so forth I just didn't feel comfortable with that. I know it's normal practice with 9-5 jobs, but on a freelance/work-for-hire gig for a self-publisher? I don't think so. I asked around to make sure I wasn't being stubborn about it and everyone I got feedback from felt the same way I did.

Scott (Wannabez) is MIA. Ok, so technically it's only been about 4 or 5 days since I heard from him, but I've sent him several emails (I need to get the man's phone number!) that were mostly rather important. I'm actually kind of concerned. I know he's been busy, and he does have the (good) habit of staying off the PC when he's got a lot of work to do. So maybe that's all it is.

I also haven't heard much out of Chuck or Jason lately. I got a mass email from Chuck yesterday, which was for a good cause. But nothing from Jason. I sent him an email the other day too. He may still be taking it easy though, I'm not sure. I know everyone's busy, and the four of us (Cary, Chuck, Jason and myself) don't get together and chat nearly as much as we used to.

Ray Hickson, thanks for keeping up with the blog, man. I see you've posted another comment a couple of posts back. Thanks for the support.

I hope more than just you four read this thing! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!

In the wide world of lettering it looks like I'll have a full day to work on things. SBC's site is down again, which means I can't do my work, which is really frustrating instead of being relaxing as it should be. When I don't do it right away, though, it just tends to build up, and then I end up with a huge workload. Them's the breaks though.

Anyway, I worked up a rough logo this morning for someone, and I'm about to get cracking on the last couple of pages of the Raven One-Shot. Then I've got some more corrections on Fracture and finishing up AOH #2-3, which should keep me steadily busy throughout the remainder of the week.

This weekend providing other work doesn't come in I'll do some work on Lightning Squirrel #3. I've only got 7 inked pages, so I'm not really too behind on that. Plus it's kind of on the back burner for now while a publisher is sought.

More news in the days and weeks to come I hope, so stay tuned!

I guess that's it for now. I have no clever quip to end the post, so I'll just bid you farewell until next time.

B-Out

3 comments:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

I'm sorry about not being so contactable. I am flat out at work and things are getting very hectic at home - the baby should arrive in 2 1/2 weeks!

Crazz said...

I'm Not Dead Yet!!

Brant W. Fowler said...

No problem, guys, I know you've been busy.

Wow, Jason, I can't believe it's already time!